Sending your child directly to school without a nursery. | ExpatWoman.com

Sending your child directly to school without a nursery.

Latest post on 29 August 2016 - 10:13

Dear Moms,

I would love to hear from those of you who never went the "nursery way" and directly sent your kids to school( FS1, Pre KG). How was the transition? Looking back,do you think you could have done it differently?

Thanks,
AS

Latest post on 04 September 2016 - 10:12
I thank all of you for sharing your experience.
Latest post on 04 September 2016 - 09:26
Dear Moms, I would love to hear from those of you who never went the "nursery way" and directly sent your kids to school( FS1, Pre KG). How was the transition? Looking back,do you think you could have done it differently? Thanks, AS Our child never went to nursery school in Dubai. We started her in KG1 and it was a great success. I personally think nursery schools here are totally overpriced but if you can afford it then it could be a nice thing to expose your child to others. But...that is something that can be easily done as well at the park or other places like story-time at the library, etc. There are some mothers who think getting their children in a "structured curriculum nursery" gives their child an edge. I personally feel the total opposite way. I want UN-structured play for my child at that age. It is about learning social skills when they are that young.
Latest post on 03 September 2016 - 22:37
I sent both my children to Foundation Stage with no nursery or any kind of structured schedule before hand. It depends on what suits your individual child's needs - socially, emotionally is your son/daughter ready? It maybe something they would thrive at or hate. It's also up to you, if you aren't working and want to give those extra early years to them, or if you want some time during the day while they are busy at nursery. Really if depends on your family values, mindset and ethos. It was hard being the sole caregiver but I wouldn't change it looking back. They caught up with the peers that went to nursery pretty quick, if that is something that worries you.
Latest post on 03 September 2016 - 19:22
Dear Moms, I would love to hear from those of you who never went the "nursery way" and directly sent your kids to school( FS1, Pre KG). How was the transition? Looking back,do you think you could have done it differently? Thanks, AS Yes, my second DD went straight to Y1 in a British curriculum school. We didn't send her to nursery or reception, just straight into year 1. My first DD didn't go to nursery either but went to reception. They are both older now (going into Y8 and Y6) and have both done really well at school. I did teach them the basics at home and they both knew how to read and write when they went to school. In the UK it's not necessary for children to go to nursery but they have to go to reception. A school principle in Dubai told us that though it wasn't mentioned anywhere but the law at the time in Dubai was that all children had to start year one by the time they were 10! so in other words they didn't actually have to start school until year 1. I was so worried about not sending my DD to school but really I shouldn't have been. My DDs have always loved school, are both in the top group in maths and English and made friends as soon as soon they started school. So academically and socially it was the right decision for us. Good luck with your decision
Latest post on 02 September 2016 - 10:30
Bump

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY