My unfortunate experience with SK Nursery Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

My unfortunate experience with SK Nursery Dubai

Latest post on 31 August 2016 - 17:41
er Admin, the name of the nursery and people working/worked there should be removed as well. Naming and shaming is illegal here. If there's a problem, the OP needs to speak to the relevant education authority. I already spoke to the relevant education authority! Im not naming or shaming, I'm just sharing a negative experience I had with their management. Their CEO is actually a nice reasonable man. I'm just telling things as they are.
Latest post on 31 August 2016 - 17:37
Hi Hania, we understand your frustrations... But we have removed the correspondence you included in your post between yourself and the nursery as it is a private conversation and shouldn't be shared on our public forum. Thanks for your understanding! EW Admin No worries! I understand..
Latest post on 31 August 2016 - 13:31
er Admin, the name of the nursery and people working/worked there should be removed as well. Naming and shaming is illegal here. If there's a problem, the OP needs to speak to the relevant education authority.
Latest post on 31 August 2016 - 09:59
Hi Hania, we understand your frustrations... But we have removed the correspondence you included in your post between yourself and the nursery as it is a private conversation and shouldn't be shared on our public forum. Thanks for your understanding! EW Admin
Latest post on 31 August 2016 - 09:41
I want to share with you the unfortunate experience I had with SK Nursery. I visited them in April, 2016 while I was in the search for good nurseries for my soon to be 2 year old son. I liked their new premises and their facilities. Based on the information given at that time, I thought it might be the one for my kid. Unfortunately, when the time came for my son to start his first day there, I discovered that all the information I based my choice on were faulty and untrue! First of all, I tried to contact the parent liaison officer repetitively before the first term of the nursery commenced, trying to inquire about the date of the first day of the term, as well as the orientation routine, but to my disappointment she never replied! She later, insisted that she did, however when she had a better look at her emails, she found that my email address was spelled incorrectly! Excuse my language but my 8 year old son knows how to write an email address correctly! This mistake is inexplicable from a person working in an early education center! Couldn't she have pressed on the reply button of my email to make sure she sent the right email address. Couldn't she have double checked my email address the minute she saw my repetitive emails asking her again and again about the information, showing clearly that I "still" haven't received a reply from her! They have the worst communication system. It's a complete communication failure! Second, I met the teacher (back in April), Mrs C, and liked her, and was one of the main reasons I chose the nursery and precisely her classroom. When I took my son the first day of the term( in Sept), I was surprised to know that she doesn't teach that class anymore! They AGAIN failed to communicate that piece of info to me! Later I was informed that the teacher for the babies room quit without warning and Ciara had to replace her. Third, the maximum number of kids in level 1 classroom was supposed to be 20, but when we arrived, they decided to raise it to 22 without informing the parents AGAIN! That's a huge number for a classroom filled with 2 year olds, and only has 3 adults supervising! Fourth, they said they taught mandarin within the curriculum, but again I came in Sept to find out it became a paid extra curricular activity! Fifth, I met the new teacher ( replacing C)during the first orientation day, and she (A)was very nice. The next day, my son and I enter the classroom and Adele was no where to be seen! I was told she quit! Again, I wasn't informed of this. Looks like most of their teachers quit all of a sudden without any explanation... Makes one wonder why... So basically all the information I was given and that made me pick this nursery was just a way to hook parents, and when the time came to get our kids to start,they unveil their truth. When I asked about these changes, I actually expected an apology of the sort, but instead I was faced with denial of all the promises I was made, disrespect, and aggression by the parent liaison officer. She was so provocative and demeaning and rude when she spoke to me. I then spoke to the principal who heard me, but in a condescending way, trying to convince me that they did nothing wrong! I told her the parent liaison officer was rude when she spoke to me ( she actually raised her voice at me)and that she should be more professional and respectful when she deals with parents and that I'm expecting an apology from her. I got an email from the parent liaison officer at around 9pm, which is copy/ pasted here for you to see ( kindly read their prior correspondence). This is how they deal with parents! Total disrespect! And the sad part is, they are not clever enough to erase their past email communication so that I don't see it! Total incompetence! Shameful!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY