Charges to reserve plane seats | ExpatWoman.com

Charges to reserve plane seats

Latest post on 21 September 2016 - 09:24

Really???!!!

If you haven't seen, Emirates are planning on introducing a AED50/100/150 (varies on flight length) charge for special/saver tickets for reserving a seat ahead of check-in... I'm not sure how I feel about it. There's probably some perfectly reasonable explanation but as a customer, I'm being put off more and more with the insane prices the airline charges

Would anyone pay this? I'm curious

Latest post on 23 September 2016 - 14:29
If a budget airline does this, I understand. An airline which stands for luxurious experience and charges for it too, wishes to find means to make more money. Well, we have seen various ways of doubling parking fee, removing limit on Salik per day, Rera allowing rents to be increased even today. Oil free economy seems possible.
Latest post on 22 September 2016 - 21:27
I noticed British Airways were doing this on their European flights - quite expensive I thought at the time - other wise you can only reserve seat 24 hours before flight.. I see Emirates are being sued by a lawyer from Padua because he had to sit next to a very fat man from Cape Town to Dubai!
Latest post on 21 September 2016 - 11:07
It's still free when you check-in 48 hours online before. It's only for the 2 lowest band fares. Don't think it'll make much difference to be honest. If I was a family of five and wanted us all to sit together I wouldn't fancy leaving it to chance of the 48 hour free period having the seats we need/want and on a long haul, it may mean up to 600 extra for 2 adults for the return trip
Latest post on 21 September 2016 - 10:08
It's still free when you check-in 48 hours online before. It's only for the 2 lowest band fares. Don't think it'll make much difference to be honest. If I was a family of five and wanted us all to sit together I wouldn't fancy leaving it to chance of the 48 hour free period having the seats we need/want
Latest post on 21 September 2016 - 10:01
It's still free when you check-in 48 hours online before. It's only for the 2 lowest band fares. Don't think it'll make much difference to be honest. Yeah absolutely it's still free but having the peace of mind when getting your tickets is a comforting thought so you don't have to worry about where you'll be sat, I often feel Perhaps I'm too organised for my own good :lol:
Latest post on 21 September 2016 - 09:57
It's still free when you check-in 48 hours online before. It's only for the 2 lowest band fares. Don't think it'll make much difference to be honest.
Latest post on 21 September 2016 - 09:40
If I am going on a long journey, say more than 7 hours, I guess I would be forced to pay the charge fees, as I would like to be in a comfortable airline during the long journey. I think Emirates is already very pricey so adding this extra charge seems very off putting to me..
Latest post on 21 September 2016 - 09:34
It's very 'budget airline'. I don't think it does much for the brand.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY