Education | ExpatWoman.com

Education

Latest post on 29 October 2016 - 08:01
As an educator, I would recommend Cranleigh. While their fees are steep, they are the best option. If that's not possible, then I would suggest Al-Khubairat. Good luck!
Latest post on 29 October 2016 - 08:01
As an educator, I would recommend Cranleigh. While their fees are steep, they are the best option. If that's not possible, then I would suggest Al-Khubairat. Good luck!
Latest post on 26 October 2016 - 15:35
Education is the primary importance
Latest post on 14 October 2016 - 22:10
My husband has looked round one school and it looks like it will be ok to get my eldest into it but it will be more difficult for my 8 year old. Has anyone got any advice on which good British curriculum schools it would be easier to get my youngest into? Thanks Look at Al Dar Academies. You may have a chance at Al Mamoora since it has just opened September this year.
Latest post on 06 October 2016 - 14:07
My husband has looked round one school and it looks like it will be ok to get my eldest into it but it will be more difficult for my 8 year old. Has anyone got any advice on which good British curriculum schools it would be easier to get my youngest into? Thanks
Latest post on 27 September 2016 - 02:23
Thanks for that information Buddha. You mentioned that some universities are tougher than others, when can you find out if they will class you with home status? Do you know if you can phone and ask or is it only when your child has been accepted? It would be great to hear from anyone who has been through this situation.
Latest post on 22 September 2016 - 21:22
You will have to be careful as your eldest may NOT get home status which could mean paying overseas fees but more importantly means may not be eligible for a student loan. People do get round it and some universities are tougher than others on status. If you have a house in UK this helps, also keep all boarding passes to show that you regularly return to UK. Ensure you point out to universities that your husband was on a temporary transfer etc.
Latest post on 22 September 2016 - 00:44
Hi, my husband is currently working in the UAE and we are looking to join him next year. We have 2 children aged 8 and 15, my eldest is completing his GCSE's in the UK but hoping to do A levels in the UAE. I am hoping to get responses from anyone who has gone through the process of their child/children doing A levels and then returning to the UK to attend university. Are there any disadvantages for the child? Has anyone had any problems getting into UK universities? I would appreciate any advice, thanks.