Maid visa cancelation / re entering on tourist visa | ExpatWoman.com

Maid visa cancelation / re entering on tourist visa

Latest post on 29 September 2016 - 11:23
If I'm not wrong I think she needs visa to enter in Oman....it's not like many expats where they can enter and exit from Oman ONLY with showing passport as their Countries don't need to apply for visa, but the stamp at the border is like visa for them. Philippinos need regular visa to enter Oman. But better to check.
Latest post on 28 September 2016 - 16:49
Ladies, need to know if any of you have heard or know about philipino maids who can exit via bus to Oman and re-enter Dubai on a tourist visa? We have cancelled our maids visa and she does not want to return to the Phillipines but has organised via a travel agency in Satwa for her to go in a bus to Oman and return to Dubai on a 90 days tourist visa. She will need to be given her original passport and I am concerned how the system works and once she exits the border only then can we get our deposit back. We have cancelled in the past for our previous maid and she has returned to the Philipines and all was easy (usual exit procedure). Is this a new rule and how safe is it for us to give her the original passport and ensure she exits? When we cancelled our maid we transferred her to another family instead of flying her back (her request) and we accompanied her with the new family to the DRND. Once she was successfully transferred and in the system (minutes later) we walked next door and got our deposit. My understanding is that as long as they transfer OR exit then you are clear for your refund. That stated, there is not way for you to know for sure if she did, in fact, exit. She could overstay. On the other hand, agencies arrange these tourist visas all the time for maids and act as the sponsor. If you trust her then you can trust she will exit and re-enter as a tourist. Once that is in the system then you are eligible for your refund, If she is unable to re-enter though I would think it is your responsibility (and the right thing) to get her home from Oman. The law says you must exit her to her home country at the end of the contract but in this case you made other arrangements. Long story short,,, if she reentered she would not reenter as your responsibility and would be on another visa status as you have already cancelled her.
Latest post on 28 September 2016 - 09:14
Ladies, need to know if any of you have heard or know about philipino maids who can exit via bus to Oman and re-enter Dubai on a tourist visa? We have cancelled our maids visa and she does not want to return to the Phillipines but has organised via a travel agency in Satwa for her to go in a bus to Oman and return to Dubai on a 90 days tourist visa. She will need to be given her original passport and I am concerned how the system works and once she exits the border only then can we get our deposit back. We have cancelled in the past for our previous maid and she has returned to the Philipines and all was easy (usual exit procedure). Is this a new rule and how safe is it for us to give her the original passport and ensure she exits?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY