A night out with girlfriends ... dancing... WHERE? | ExpatWoman.com

A night out with girlfriends ... dancing... WHERE?

Latest post on 29 September 2016 - 11:14

Hi,

A group of us mums would love to go out dancing - perhaps to 80 and 90s music. I have heard of Societie but welcome other suggestions too please.

TIA

Latest post on 11 October 2016 - 11:31
I've heard rumour that Lucky Voice is opening a venue out here - would be perfect for this. Not sure if that's happening soon - anyone have any information? Hi I have never heard of them? Are they a chain of bars? its a bar in london (other places too I think) with cool private karaoke pods: if there's a group of you, there's nothing better than dancing on the chairs belting out your favourite choons! If that's not for you, their main bar is also good fun.
Latest post on 11 October 2016 - 10:22
Lock Stock is great for music BUT it's just too busy :( so you won't have any room to dance. It's a proper sardine tin situation. Shoulder to shoulder back to back kind of affair. Rock Bottom always used to be my choice when we want a proper night of fun and good music. Not sure what it's like recently though as since GBBO, Poldark, and now The Apprentice is on, I'm a home bunny... Only venturing out for tea bags, milk, and digestive biscuits... Ooh Nelson's in Barsha Heights is alright too! Good music, DJ happy to take requests, and room to dance.
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 15:23
I've heard rumour that Lucky Voice is opening a venue out here - would be perfect for this. Not sure if that's happening soon - anyone have any information? Hi I have never heard of them? Are they a chain of bars?
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 15:18
Hi Not sure if this helps but I was at Lock Stock a few weekends ago and the music was a great mix of 80's, 90's and newer. It is at the Grand Millunium. Happy hour is from 5-8pm so if you get there just before you can get a table and service downstairs. Good luck! Smoky as heck though. Why can they not stop it indoors, you walk out of places like that and your hair and clothes stink of smoke
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 14:44
I've heard rumour that Lucky Voice is opening a venue out here - would be perfect for this. Not sure if that's happening soon - anyone have any information?
Latest post on 29 September 2016 - 13:59
Hi Not sure if this helps but I was at Lock Stock a few weekends ago and the music was a great mix of 80's, 90's and newer. It is at the Grand Millunium. Happy hour is from 5-8pm so if you get there just before you can get a table and service downstairs. Good luck!
Latest post on 29 September 2016 - 13:44
Don't judge me for saying it.... But Rock Bottoms' Friday karaoke is always so much fun with people singing well-known songs to bop along to
Latest post on 29 September 2016 - 13:21
Hi, A group of us mums would love to go out dancing - perhaps to 80 and 90s music. I have heard of Societie but welcome other suggestions too please. TIA Sadly there aren't many decent places here which play decent music Societe is okay but fills up with drunken letches as the night goes on plus it is really smoky in there Yes I have head the same about societie ...thanks for the confirmation sarahlou123! There must be places where we can go dancing ... to songs we can sing along to would be an added bonus hehehe There used to be lots of great places but they are always post brunch and very messy Many places play the music but don't have dancefloors. Nelsons/Longs/Mcgettigans do music in the evening but as I said they are all very smoky and attract the drinkers post brunch and late on . Decent bars with decent music to dance too are sadly in the minority here .
Latest post on 29 September 2016 - 11:38
Hi, A group of us mums would love to go out dancing - perhaps to 80 and 90s music. I have heard of Societie but welcome other suggestions too please. TIA Sadly there aren't many decent places here which play decent music Societe is okay but fills up with drunken letches as the night goes on plus it is really smoky in there Yes I have head the same about societie ...thanks for the confirmation sarahlou123! There must be places where we can go dancing ... to songs we can sing along to would be an added bonus hehehe
Latest post on 29 September 2016 - 11:33
Hi, A group of us mums would love to go out dancing - perhaps to 80 and 90s music. I have heard of Societie but welcome other suggestions too please. TIA Sadly there aren't many decent places here which play decent music Societe is okay but fills up with drunken letches as the night goes on plus it is really smoky in there

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY