Maid with own visa | ExpatWoman.com

Maid with own visa

Latest post on 08 October 2016 - 16:45

Does anyone know if it is possible that a maid can have her own visa - not sponsored?

Latest post on 01 December 2016 - 09:39
Hie lm also seeking some help of a getting a servant visa, my employer is a french expat and lm a zimbabwean nationality, my visa was currently rejected due to nationality restrictions of which they are certain countries who are entilted to this, my worry is they are my fellow countrymen who posses servant visas and other african nationalities such as uganda, nigeria and kenya but not on the list, please anyone with help or advice would really appreciate hence l thank you in advance
Latest post on 26 October 2016 - 11:18
Person on your sponsorship, is your liability. Sort it out before she gets caught and takes you along as you havn't reported her absconding, which mean accomplice. Sooner the better. Good luck.
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 22:50
Just cancel her visa and let her stay in dubai. They have a 30days period post visa cancellation during which they can stay in Dubai to find a new job. If no one sponsors her after that she will have to leave the country to avoid any bans if she overstays illegally.
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 21:42
Thank you for your advice. I will contact her and see how we can go forward. I feel we have treated her more than fairly but she is such an argumentative person. Time to man up!
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 20:18
Personally speaking I would contact her and tell her that if she doesn't come and meet with you you will repprt her for absonding. She is taking the mickey as still on your visa and yet you don't know where she is. If she doesn't comply you have no choice but go to the authorities and explain what has happened. I imagine the threat of reporting her will do the trick
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 20:13
No we downsized (big time) so no longer required a full time maid. We gave her a return ticket for her annual leave and a big payment (although at the time she was not at all grateful). She works a few hours for us and this was purely to give her some money, even though we have paid for her visa, but the cleaning has been so poor. I feel so used as all we have done is to try and be fair to her but it has gone so wrong. Now I am worried that she is our responsibility but we don't know where she lives, who she works for and what her intentions are. Her attitude has been awful and I don't know what to do for the best.
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 15:57
So I've looked into cancellation of visa. Has anybody been through the process where the maid does not want to leave? Any helps or tips gratefully received. Is the not leaving her choice/ what has she been doing for 5 months? Does she still live with you?
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 15:41
So I've looked into cancellation of visa. Has anybody been through the process where the maid does not want to leave? Any helps or tips gratefully received.
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 15:17
She is my own maid - fully sponsored by my husband. We didn't need her any more so have allowed her to keep her visa whilst she finds another sponsor. Big mistake. 5 months on and she's stringing us along. She said that nobody will offer visas so it seems a lot of madams are using maids but not paying for visas. She is now saying she can get a visa from a cleaning company??? but will be working for at least 2 families. Is the only way forward taking her to the airport and putting her on a one way flight home? Straight to the airport and do not pass go. She is still your responsibility if she is on your visa. Go and cancel it
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 15:11
She is my own maid - fully sponsored by my husband. We didn't need her any more so have allowed her to keep her visa whilst she finds another sponsor. Big mistake. 5 months on and she's stringing us along. She said that nobody will offer visas so it seems a lot of madams are using maids but not paying for visas. She is now saying she can get a visa from a cleaning company??? but will be working for at least 2 families. Is the only way forward taking her to the airport and putting her on a one way flight home?
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 14:00
Its illegal. Some maids pay someone to sponsor them so they can work freelance for multiple people. However, if you hire such a person you are eligible for fine and have no security. Don't do it. Sponsor your own maid or get part time help via an agency

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY