School Help - Suggestions | ExpatWoman.com

School Help - Suggestions

Latest post on 09 October 2016 - 16:26

Hi,
We will be moving to Mirdif area this fall. Need help for the following schools:

1. Ontario International School
2. Star International Al Tawar
3. Dubai Gems Private School - Oud Metha

Please let me know about your experiences/teacher qualifications there/study/home work etc.

Appreciate help.

Regards.

Latest post on 28 October 2016 - 22:18
Hi Tia, SInce we cannot exchange the numbers here, can you give me more details and the minor things which you mentioned about OIC. Thx. regards. Sorry for the late reply DubaiNewcommer - OICS small issues (for me) were no handbook handed out till now even though we were told at the start it was coming - now I'm told they're 'editing' it. Have s feeling it just doesn't exist. No real policy on sick days etc - tried calling the school when my kid was sick phone lines were still switched off (this was after 8am) no one called to even see why she hadn't come in etc. Which is usually the norm when kids don't turn up to school and no reason provided. Other than that - the kids seem happy so - so far so good !!! :) if you're happy and the kids liked the place go ahead
Latest post on 25 October 2016 - 13:55
Hi Admin, How can i send a private message to other user? and also where to see the messages in my inbox. I am not able to find it We're sorry DubaiNewcommer, but we do not have private messaging enabled on our website. Feel free to come along to one of our next meet-ups if you'd like to arrange meeting a forum member! Details can be found here: http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_events_whats_on.aspx
Latest post on 25 October 2016 - 13:22
Hi Admin, How can i send a private message to other user? and also where to see the messages in my inbox. I am not able to find it
Latest post on 23 October 2016 - 13:50
Hi Tia, SInce we cannot exchange the numbers here, can you give me more details and the minor things which you mentioned about OIC. Thx. regards.
Latest post on 19 October 2016 - 10:56
Hi ChocoChic, Can you please share your number so that I may call you and discuss. Our apologies but as per our forum rules, sharing of contact details is not allowed
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 15:49
Hi ChocoChic, Can you please share your number so that I may call you and discuss.
Latest post on 16 October 2016 - 12:26
I had the same problem with my son who is 9 years old he could barely concentrate on anything because of the computer games. So I had to bring him to see a psychologist ( at Life Counseling Centre at JLT). We had few skills development sessions involving educational toys and psychologist also recommended to restrict his time at the computer by 1 hour a day. So now the situation is much much better :)
Latest post on 13 October 2016 - 17:25
Hi Chocochic, Thanks for your reply. Actually we visited the school yesterday. We liked the school and teachers. What we felt that the number of students are less and the classes are few i.e. only one section from grade 3 onwards. Can you please mention the hiccups you were referring to. may be those are important for us. It would be good if you could share your number and I will call you. thank you very much. Regards.
Latest post on 12 October 2016 - 14:14
My 2 daughters are with OICS. They are ok, being a new school there are a few hiccups but nothing major that we can't get over. Our main criteria was that we are Canadian and were looking for a Canadian curriculum. Price wise they are a little more than Star (which came a close 2nd) but our girls are happy there and they have great after school activities etc. Teachers are all Ontario certified which is good. My suggestion is speak to each - go during a school day so you get a feel for each one. Good luck and if u need to reach out for more info - just ask and I will be happy to send you my #. PS - there is a GEMS in Mirdif, you wouldn't need to look as far as Oud Metha. www.royaldubaischool.com
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 16:47
Thanks Pdorci, I actually asked the same question about OIC on facebook group you mentioned. Did get only one response. That was also for lower grades. My kids are in Grade 6 and 4. Ladies. Anyone else with the experience in OIC or Star international. Please share. regards.
Latest post on 10 October 2016 - 10:32
Hi, Ask the question on facebook Mirdif Mums and you will receive a lot of feedback. Personally I can't help much, my son just started in GEMS Royal Dubai in Al Mizhar, and so far we like it. I haven't heard very good feedback from Star - but again I don't have any personal experience with them. And even though Ontario is a new school, families tend to be happy with it. Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY