New Visa Rules | ExpatWoman.com

New Visa Rules

Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 00:59

Hello

Sorry if this has been asked recently but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information regarding this matter. THE NEW VISA RULES

What I would like to know is what are the rules for a NZ passport holder wanting to extend their visit visa?

Does anyone know for sure what my options are and where to go to extend and the cost?

Thanks for any info

Cheers

Jo

Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 12:48
You are correct, the rules have changed. This is the best summary I have found so far. I hope it helps. http://www.propartnergroup.com/category/blog/
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 12:39
I have just read on another forum a NZ guy has just extended his at immigration. He went on the 30th day and they renewed it for 30 days it cost AED820 in total. It was his first extension
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 12:33
The rules have changed, depending on which passport you have. The problem is trying to find the new rules. I believe it is only Schengen that cant do the runs and NZ isn't part of Schengen so doesn't apply I don't think the countries who get 30 days on arrival are effected at all. NZ is the same as the UK and my friend who renewed hers didn't have any issues at all.
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 12:29
Here is the route for ex pats UPDATE NOV 15 – the border “post” on the E44 is now occasionally restricted to non-GCC citizens. Previously you could cross into Oman to reach the Hatta Fort Hotel and pools without getting your passport stamped but this is no longer possible. If approaching from the south, you now have to go North on the E55, head east on the E102 before heading south to rejoin the E44 and transiting the Hatta/Al Wajajah border posts. If it is your first time renewing you can go to Immigration and extend once it used to cost AED500 however may of gone up since then
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 12:26
Is that actually still able to be done? as I was reading that people have been having issues now doing that? I went with my friend about a month ago and we stopped and use the pool at Hatta Fort afterwards You have to travel into Hatta on a different route but aside from that it was easy and quiet ( We went early on a Friday morning) What have you read and on where? as some people tell fibs What day are you on on your visa?
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 12:22
Is that actually still able to be done? as I was reading that people have been having issues now doing that?
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 11:28
Hello Sorry if this has been asked recently but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information regarding this matter. THE NEW VISA RULES What I would like to know is what are the rules for a NZ passport holder wanting to extend their visit visa? Does anyone know for sure what my options are and where to go to extend and the cost? Thanks for any info Cheers Jo Go to Hatta and do a visa run, it costs a few hundred dirhams and you can do it every time you need to

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY