Anyone living in Dubai with a stoma / Colostomy? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone living in Dubai with a stoma / Colostomy?

Latest post on 20 October 2016 - 11:23

Hi there,

I'm 36 years old and will be having surgery for rectal cancer next week which will result in a permanent colostomy bag.

I would I love to know if there is anyone living in Dubai with a stoma / Colostomy?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Latest post on 21 February 2019 - 12:59
Hi Smilinggirl...to the best of my knowledge colostomy bags will be sold by wholesale medical supply shops in Dubai. If there's an opportunity for a second opinion before surgery, it's worth fi...
da
Latest post on 18 February 2019 - 17:53
Hi Pufi009, my husband needs colostomy bag..can you please let me know where ca i buy it? Thank you in advance for your response
Hi Smilinggirl...to the best of my knowledge colostomy bags will be sold by wholesale medical supply shops in Dubai. If there's an opportunity for a second opinion before surgery, it's worth finding out whether a permanent colostomy bag is essential, or if there's a possibility for a temporary colostomy bag while the rectal area heals after surgery. Once the rectal area is healed, the temporary bag is removed and the bowel can continue to function. If your husband has to have a colostomy bag, I'd recommend consulting with a stomatherapist for the bag that will suit him best, where to position the bag on his belly, and also for help in using the bag, keeping it clean and the best foods to eat. There are no stomatherapists in Dubai. There are stomatherapists in South Africa, the UK and Australia. Good luck!
Latest post on 29 January 2019 - 10:09
[quote=sazzle1980]Hi there, I'm 36 years old and will be having surgery for rectal cancer next week which will result in a permanent colostomy bag. I would I love to know if there is anyone livi...
Hi Pufi009, my husband needs colostomy bag..can you please let me know where ca i buy it? Thank you in advance for your response
Latest post on 23 November 2016 - 11:40
There is an article in Daily Mail newspaper today with lots of people who have stoma bags - they all look quite cheerful - some going swimming. Sorry the link is rather too long to post.
Latest post on 21 November 2016 - 12:11
Hi there, I'm 36 years old and will be having surgery for rectal cancer next week which will result in a permanent colostomy bag. I would I love to know if there is anyone living in Dubai with a stoma / Colostomy? Please let me know. Thank you. Hi Sazzle, Hope you are doing well. I just wanted to offer my help since I am working with ostomy products and I am very well familiar with all the difficulties you might be going through. If you need an advice, or you would like me to help you to find the right product which would be the perfect fit for you let me know, i would be very happy to help. And remeber that beginning is always the hardest so don't hesitate if you need any kind of help.
Latest post on 22 October 2016 - 15:52
Hi Sazzle I'm nicnac2015's mum. She told me about your upcoming op. Would be pleased to answer any questions you may have. (Maybe I could pop in to see you even) In all my years in Dubai ( off and on) I never did meet anyone else with a colostomy, and I know how isolated you must feel. Will be thinking of you and shall log in regularly to check on any replies. Wishing you the best for your op and a good recovery. xx?
Latest post on 22 October 2016 - 15:43
Hi Sazzle, So sorry to hear you are having to go through this. My mum had bowel cancer a few years ago and now lives with a colostomy bag. She has lived here off and on for the last few years and is due out again next week. She will be here for a month. If you would like anything brought over from the UK, please let me know. I told her about your post so she may try and post a message to you too. Thinking about you having to go through this. xx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY