Canadians - Anyone know how to get degrees etc certified for use here? | ExpatWoman.com

Canadians - Anyone know how to get degrees etc certified for use here?

Latest post on 21 October 2016 - 21:25

Maybe a long shot but... I'm currently getting my teaching qualifications at AUD but before I complete the degree, I need to get my Canadian degree and university transcripts (and possibly high school diploma as well) certified.
Has anyone else been through this?
Is it true that the high school diploma is required to be certified??
I've heard there are services back in Canada that will handle it all for you. Anyone know if that's right?
Also, I read somewhere that your uni transcripts have to be sent directly from the university to the UAE embassy in Ottawa. Is that right???
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks.

Latest post on 22 October 2016 - 19:42
You're welcome! Good luck as you work through the process!
Latest post on 22 October 2016 - 14:10
Thanks Marsbar!
Latest post on 22 October 2016 - 07:50
I had this done a few years ago. I had my university send my transcripts directly to the UAE embassy. That is the only way the embassy will accept them. I had both my Bachelor's and Master's degrees certified. I did not have my high school certificate verified. I didn't use a service, as I was able to arrange it all myself. I did have a friend in Ottawa who was able to go to the Embassy to pick up the final documents and finalize the payment. I am sorry, I don't know how you would arrange to receive the docs once they are attested, unless you have a friend who can help you out!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY