Sick Child - Urgent Advice please | ExpatWoman.com

Sick Child - Urgent Advice please

Latest post on 22 October 2016 - 02:33

Dear Ladies, I need your advice if any of you experienced this.... my son is 3 and on Tuesday he complained of cramping in tummy. I gave him anti-diarrhea meds as I thought it ate something bad. That night he had a fever. Wed he had fever 39 deg, I gave panadol. Thursday his fever was 38.5 and by Thurday noon his tummy was very painful. We then brought him to hospital A&E. They gave him IV drip and panadol. They gave him IV fluids. Ultrasound scans showed all was ok. Complete blood test showed double levels of Alkaline Phosphotase and the C-Reactive protein was high. The doctor adviced that the high levels of Alkaline was nothing to worry as it was due to bone growth (vit D levels were borderline). We went home with panadol, colic drops for cramping and vit D drops. Since back from hospital last night, his fever is going up now again. I am concerned that there will be another episode of tummy cramping and he has to go on IV again. We were told the tummy pain is due to a mild throat infection that has gone to his tummy.... please if any of you have gone through something similar or has any advice of what to do. Thank you.

Latest post on 27 October 2016 - 12:40
My son is 3.5 years old and had a similar bout in March this year...blood tests caught viral infection, antibiotics and he was fine. Only fever medication that worked was suppositories and I had to keep close eye on fever as he has history of febrile convulsions too. He had lost his appetite completely though....survived on oranges and lollipop! Get well soon vibes for ur bubba...
Latest post on 26 October 2016 - 13:13
My DS had a series of such experiences. We got all sorts of tests done and nothing specific was diagnosed. We identified Repeated fever usually was connected to Throat infection as he explored his surrounding more often than not, though tasting them :) The second thing we kept note of, is his intake as food or drink or otherwise. We could see the trend and know what to avoid. This has gone down to almost rare now. Share what worked for you.
Latest post on 23 October 2016 - 09:26
I experienced this with one of my children why my child was almost 2 years old, went to many hospitals- private and governmental hospitals- nothing was find but the high fever and vomiting didn't stop. After 2 days of running went to a nearby pd doctor and ordered blood test that showed it was viral infection and given meds to bring temp down.... And 2 days later it was all gone. Hugs and it'll pass, just keep going to another doctors and tell about previous experiences so the new doctor will try different methods to find out.
Latest post on 23 October 2016 - 01:02
Thank you ladies for your replies, I will follow up with your suggestions. On a plus side, he is not complaining of stomach cramping today, although his temperature is still high. We will see a pediatrician tomorrow to follow up.
Latest post on 22 October 2016 - 07:39
My DD had something like this. We spent a day in Latifa hospital in the end due to a heavy drop in her blood sugar levels. After the glucose drip for a day she was still lethargic and crampy for a couple of days with fever but within 3 days she was back to her uzual self. Head to Latifa. They are excellent.
Latest post on 22 October 2016 - 07:03
My only advice is to take him to one of the recommended pediatricians, i don't trust random Dr. at hospitals here unfortunately. Dr. Ahmed Hassan at Bin Hayat Clinic is excellent, he is available today and you can go as walk in (the wait could be long). Also do a search here you'll find other options. Good luck

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY