HELP! Skin rash since moved to Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

HELP! Skin rash since moved to Dubai

Latest post on 23 October 2016 - 14:10

Hello,

I moved here two weeks ago from London and right form the beginning noticed a strange itching sensation almost all over which I hadnt experienced before.
It started from around where my tights are so the leg are upto my waist. I wear thin tights as the office gets quite cold. and even when I wear trousers its usually around the waist/belt area that feels itchy. Afterwards it started with rash around arm pits, after which I changed my deodorant from roll on to spray on which helped a bit but still feels itchy and red. same with areas such as behind knees and inside elbows.
Did anyone else experience this when they moved here? As I dont have any of my medical details yet (awaiting emirates ID) I was hoping to wait until my actual medical. but its really bothering me.

If anyone has any comments suggestions please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

Latest post on 02 November 2016 - 08:45
It's the water here.
Latest post on 01 November 2016 - 22:00
Welcome to Dubai! It happens with me whenever I move to a new place or I'm in stress. It can be due to dry skin my doctor prescribed me anti allergens and Calamine Lotion.. But it took me a while after the meds, I never kept my skin dry for a long time also its important to see whether its the house/ building where you moved in. Get well soon dear and hope that itching stops! Ameen take care:)
Latest post on 01 November 2016 - 05:24
Agree with FD. Yep, I have been through about the same and have random dermatitis issues time to time from this climate. Calamine lotion seems to really knock it out. It is drying obviously however once the rash is gone I recover with lotion. I do not recommend using any kind of soap, no matter if it is for "sensitive skin." soap pH is basic and your skin is acidic. I use Bioderma's sensitive skin wash and have never looked back.
Latest post on 24 October 2016 - 09:22
Thanks everyone, after reading FairyDust's reply I suspect it is prickly heat and I had no idea what is was as I have never experienced it. I didnt bring any loose clothes with me so I will be doing some shopping this weekend. But not sure how it will help with where my pants and bra touch my skin. I cant hardly go to work without those! Also I hope it gets better as I get used to the heat (over time) :(
Latest post on 24 October 2016 - 07:14
Sounds very much like Prickly Heat. My mother gets this a lot and it's pretty common if you've just moved to a hotter climate that you're not used to. Wearing tights won't help either as your skin can't breathe. The areas you say are worst are where you have the most sweat glands, these are blocked and tat causes the itching,a s the sweat becomes trapped under the skin. To help you need to wear loose, cool clothing - ditch the tights, these are only going to make it worse. You can buy antihistamine tables over the counter, these will help with the itching sensation and calm the rash down. Here you go. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/prickly-heat/Pages/Introduction.aspx
Latest post on 23 October 2016 - 20:33
You could try a shower filter, I get dry, itchy skin on my body and scalp, the filter has certainly helped.
Latest post on 23 October 2016 - 18:40
Hi, welcome to Dubai minus the itch. Stop all soaps and clothes detergent. Use Seba Med soap ( any super market) and use a gentle non perfumed cream like Cetaphil. I hope this gets rid of it. Contact your HR dept. and see if they will give you a insurance claim back for doctor appointment.
Latest post on 23 October 2016 - 15:47
Sorry to hear about your predicament. It could be anything from allergy to detergent, food or cosmetics (this varies from lotion, to shampoo to perfume). In the absence of proper allergy tests, I would eliminate anything that you did not use prior to coming here one by one to figure out which one it could be. And your medical does not interfere with this in any way. Good luck.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY