Considering renting in Shorooq / Ghoroob - any reviews will be helpful | ExpatWoman.com

Considering renting in Shorooq / Ghoroob - any reviews will be helpful

Latest post on 05 November 2016 - 17:48

Hello - my husband and I have just moved to Dubai and are flat hunting these days. I went to view Shorooq and Ghoroob today. Shorooq was really beautiful but mostly out of budget, it mostly looks like we will rent out in Ghoroob. Please could anyone already living there share their reviews?
The real estate agent pointed out that in Ghoroob the chiller cost is borne by the tenant while in Shorooq it is included in the rent. Is this true? and if so, how much would be the burden of the chiller for a 2 bed apartment in ghoroob?
Many thanks

Latest post on 18 November 2019 - 23:03
And if you forget to pay empower bill by mistake the reconnections charges you will have to pay is 1000 Aed. 250 fixed charges is what you have to pay for empower even if you don't use ac. Pls think twice.
Latest post on 18 November 2019 - 23:00
Hi , yes empower is a big problem in ghuroob. And if you plan to leave due to any reasons then u have to pay 2 months rent as a penalty.
Latest post on 22 January 2019 - 08:31
Hi all, can anyone provide an up to date review please when choosing to live in Ghoroob or Shorooq? We are looking for a family friendly gated community to live in. Ghoroob's rent is cheaper then Shorooq but I hear their AC bills are extortionate? Shorooq's rent is higher and the area seems better maintained and I hear their AC bills are considerably lower then Ghoroob so the higher rent is justified? Any feedback is welcomed. Many thanks.
Latest post on 25 November 2016 - 14:53
Hello Samash, I live in Ghoroob and I like it because it is a family area with lots of green and playgrounds for the children. BUT... unfortunately since Empower came in and we have to pay the AC to them based on a meter reading, it just got ridiculously expensive. I can't really give you examples, as I have just registered with them now so I haven't got my first bill yet, but there are so many issues, people are moving out because of that. Not sure it will worth staying in Ghoroob if we have to pay almost 2000 AED monthly + demand fee quarterly and minimum charge, too for the AC. This is what I hear from others.. for a 2 bedroom apartment their bill was 1800 AED for the first month. I will see how our bill is going to be, but to be honest with you if that is the case, we will probably not renew here and move somewhere else, even thoughwe live in Ghoroob since 2010.... You can search on facebook for posts from Mirdif Mums or Ghoroob groups, so many complaints are happening and people are not happy unfortunately. If you want to stay in this area or close by, but Shorooq looks pricey, try Al Warqaa that's the closest to Mirdif and prices are still reasonable. Hope this was helpful... good luck with your search! We just got the first bill from Empower for Dh1183 for 2BDR with Dh 927 as Demand Charges!! and we don't use AC that much with weather getting pleasent but this is really going to be the reason to relocate from Ghuroob if we have to (unfortunately).
Latest post on 15 November 2016 - 10:49
Hello I live i n a one bedroom in Shurooq we pay 71,000 but because its on the ground floor with a small terrace, things i face, are ants and cockroaches which freak me out. the DEWA bill in the summer reaches 800AED and it the winter its 400-500AED. overall its a nice community close to downtown and sharjah. traffic is not bad depends where your office is.
Latest post on 07 November 2016 - 10:32
We live in a 3 bedroom + maid / two story villa with 4 air-condition units. We pay 1,500aed for DEWA including the housing fee. Those fees for Ghoroob sound insane! I like the area (we have been here a few months). The plane noise is there for sure but you really don't notice much except weekends seems more busy, as one would expect. I personally think Ghoroob looks a bit run down from the road with the things placed on the balcony (clothes, etc). I am glad we chose not to live there as it is so huge. Maybe look a bit at the surrounding villas? Rent is cheaper than Shorooq. I know because we just moved here and considered all of the above.
Latest post on 07 November 2016 - 09:58
Hello Samash, I live in Ghoroob and I like it because it is a family area with lots of green and playgrounds for the children. BUT... unfortunately since Empower came in and we have to pay the AC to them based on a meter reading, it just got ridiculously expensive. I can't really give you examples, as I have just registered with them now so I haven't got my first bill yet, but there are so many issues, people are moving out because of that. Not sure it will worth staying in Ghoroob if we have to pay almost 2000 AED monthly + demand fee quarterly and minimum charge, too for the AC. This is what I hear from others.. for a 2 bedroom apartment their bill was 1800 AED for the first month. I will see how our bill is going to be, but to be honest with you if that is the case, we will probably not renew here and move somewhere else, even thoughwe live in Ghoroob since 2010.... You can search on facebook for posts from Mirdif Mums or Ghoroob groups, so many complaints are happening and people are not happy unfortunately. If you want to stay in this area or close by, but Shorooq looks pricey, try Al Warqaa that's the closest to Mirdif and prices are still reasonable. Hope this was helpful... good luck with your search!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY