Community living - DSO or Ghoroob? | ExpatWoman.com

Community living - DSO or Ghoroob?

Latest post on 19 November 2016 - 13:08

Hello ladies, we are a young family with two children. the older one will go to FS2. We are looking for community living where we can meet other families with young children. We have shortlisted Ghoroob and Dubai Silicon Oasis as possible areas as husband's office is at Airport freezone. Which has a better community living? We are choosing to live closer to schools so based on the community we will choose the school. We are also looking for living in apartments and not villa. TIA for responses.

Latest post on 22 November 2016 - 08:15
Also Ghoroob - No pet community - in case you didn't know.
Latest post on 22 November 2016 - 06:14
Hi, we are staying in Ghoroob since 6 years, and we like the community here. You can meet other families and the kids can play together in the playground. I also work in DAFZA so it's close to my office and close to schools in Mirdif. However.... with Empower coming on and requesting the tenants to pay demand charges for the AC even during those months when we don't even turn on the AC, it is getting unreasonably expensive. We have friends (and colleagues) in DSO and as per their feedback it is really nice there, so we will be probably considering to move there next year. Hope there will be some other feedback here about DSO! Good luck! Thank you for your response Pdorci. I do wish we get some more responses here about Dubai Silicon Oasis.
Latest post on 20 November 2016 - 12:33
Hi, we are staying in Ghoroob since 6 years, and we like the community here. You can meet other families and the kids can play together in the playground. I also work in DAFZA so it's close to my office and close to schools in Mirdif. However.... with Empower coming on and requesting the tenants to pay demand charges for the AC even during those months when we don't even turn on the AC, it is getting unreasonably expensive. We have friends (and colleagues) in DSO and as per their feedback it is really nice there, so we will be probably considering to move there next year. Hope there will be some other feedback here about DSO! Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY