Sugar free cakes in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Sugar free cakes in Dubai

Latest post on 21 November 2016 - 20:34

Hi ladies - please does anyone know who can make sugarfree healthy alternate cakes in dubai I can order from. I need it for my babies first birthday tomorrow. I already have one normal cake but I'd like one sugar free one to give them a taster.

Please advise anyone anywhere. Or any of the.m bakeries you have tried and liked.

Thanku!

Latest post on 26 November 2016 - 22:59
Hi Aquarius2016 I know this is a bit late now but for future in case you want to bake, try using the following. There is xylitol which is an expensive natural sugar substitute that is powder so it mimics the texture of sugar. You can always use apple sauce or honey into muffins as this have a rough texture anyway so the finished sponge doesn’t have to be too fine. Basically sugar provides the nice fluffy texture of sponge and if you use a sugar substitute that is liquid, you get a dense sponge. There is also agave syrup but it doesn’t taste right somehow. Definitely, most sweeteners are bad for anyone, let alone babies. :)
Latest post on 26 November 2016 - 18:00
House Of Cakes in Internationl City.They are very professional to make cakes by order.
Latest post on 22 November 2016 - 14:30
Just be careful. There is no really sugar free cake. If it is, then it has artificial sweeteners, which are even worst for babies than regular sugar. Also those cakes usually has more fat, more artificial flavours.... they need to add something for flavuor. Or they are just tasteless. They celebrate birthday in there will be no harm to eat just once regular- normal cake. Try to make a cake at home, with less sugar, with healthy ingridients, with fruits. Homemade is way more healthy than any other sugar free cake. Slightly disagree, I make cakes at home that contain no natural/artificial sugars and they taste so good, like a beetroot/cocoa cake I made from discarded beetroot fibre that was leftover from juicing. Fruit contains fructose, aka fruit sugar so you are no better off really although natural sugar is always better than artificial ones... I recognise some people don't have time to bake and can have diabetes etc so for them it is not okay to eat a sugar laden piece of cake even if it is their birthday. Just my two cents. :nerd:;) But as you say, best to check with the bakery itself what they use.
Latest post on 22 November 2016 - 13:13
Just be careful. There is no really sugar free cake. If it is, then it has artificial sweeteners, which are even worst for babies than regular sugar. Also those cakes usually has more fat, more artificial flavours.... they need to add something for flavuor. Or they are just tasteless. They celebrate birthday in there will be no harm to eat just once regular- normal cake. Try to make a cake at home, with less sugar, with healthy ingridients, with fruits. Homemade is way more healthy than any other sugar free cake.
Latest post on 22 November 2016 - 11:10
This might come too late but G's at JLT can make anything, they cater for all allergies as well as sugar free cakes.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY