Drying feather pillow without tumbler dryer | ExpatWoman.com

Drying feather pillow without tumbler dryer

Latest post on 22 November 2016 - 11:14

*tumble

So I am about to wash in a front loading washing machine our feather pillow, every single article I read online says I should really dry it in a dryer but we don't have one.

Has anyone simply air dried their washed pillow in the flat? I am worried about mould build up in the middle...

Such exciting topic :lol::nerd:

Latest post on 27 November 2016 - 10:38
Thanks Ladies! I was afraid of the smell but will find a friend with a dryer plus will get some of those scented tiny 'cushions' that go in the tumble dryer to tackle the possible odour... Hmmm...now just need a friend with a tumble dryer :lol:
Latest post on 24 November 2016 - 20:24
I agree, DON'T!! :cry: I tried it once, it was a smelly, flat, lumpy, clumpy disaster!! However, I have had success with tumble drying, I wash pillows a couple of times with some nice smelling softener, dry on HOT cycle in the dryer and all good, lovely, fluffy and non-smelly. I advise you to find a friend with a dryer and go round for coffee (or something ;) ).
Latest post on 24 November 2016 - 10:28
Don't! They'll smell like dead animal! Unless you're planning to cut them open & dry the feather outside then fill them back & stitch them Even with a tumble dryer they stink after washing. I use a pillow protector over mine under the pillow case & I just sun air them from time to time after spraying them with fibreeze I have a tumble dryer, and I washed the old pillows but I couldn't stand the smell & I had to bin them & buy new ones

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY