Dog walkers | ExpatWoman.com

Dog walkers

Latest post on 22 November 2016 - 18:10

So this isn't an attack on dog walkers or anything of the sort. Just wanted to get an idea from how people think...

Considering we are in an Islamic country and dogs are seen as impure, Muslims sometimes don't like being licked by one etc.

How do u deal with your dog approaching others and licking other people when out for walks?

Latest post on 07 December 2016 - 13:34
As a thumb rule....muslim or non muslim... I never allow my dogs to go near anyone till the other wants to. I am the same, there are lots of people terrified of dogs and has allergies. Maybe make clear that you are not comfortable with the dog approaching, tell them before they are too close, I do that even having my own dog, as I don't trust all dogs, especially some that are walked by maids that might not be knowledgeable about dogs.
Latest post on 06 December 2016 - 14:25
As a thumb rule....muslim or non muslim... I never allow my dogs to go near anyone till the other wants to.
Latest post on 27 November 2016 - 10:44
I completely agree. But is this a notion with most dog walkers? I worry extremely when they let the dogs come up and lick my young child. Do you think its appropriate to say something? Or would it be unreasonable to, as they're just dogs and this is what they do? I'm not sure of what the right approach is without causing offence! Dogs will do what their owners will let them get away with, period. I always say something along the lines of: "I am severely allergic to dogs. Please take him away. Thank you." It always works if I smile as well....You could just say your child is severely allergic to dogs... Let's not even think about what is in the saliva of dogs etc...yuck...
Latest post on 23 November 2016 - 14:03
I completely agree. But is this a notion with most dog walkers? I worry extremely when they let the dogs come up and lick my young child. Do you think its appropriate to say something? Or would it be unreasonable to, as they're just dogs and this is what they do? I'm not sure of what the right approach is without causing offence!
Latest post on 22 November 2016 - 20:23
Muslims have dogs as well, it all depends on their personal preference, they are animal loving as well generally speaking but you are right, dogs are seen as impure. I would never let my dog so far that it would have a chance to go too close to a complete stranger and lick him/her. People can be allergic to dogs as well as simply not liking dogs. I personally cannot stand when someone with a dog thinks just because she has this cute tiny puppy that I would love him lick me everywhere and jump on me. Respect my personal space as I respect others'. Period. Regardless of religion. Live and let live. :cool:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY