American University in Dubai?? | ExpatWoman.com

American University in Dubai??

Latest post on 29 November 2016 - 12:40
It depends on what you're interested in. if you want to study business majors.. AUD is your best option... if you are interested in Engineering ... you better check American University of Sharjah .. as it's ABET accredited.
Latest post on 24 November 2016 - 03:24
I would go AUS -- not AUD. AUS certification is air-tight and they have a really good reputation. AUD is very expensive for what they provide; check the fees at AUS, they might be close. AUS is accredited by Middle States, and has its own accreditation (not under an 'umbrella university' in the US like AUD). I am going to sound callous and give you an education professional's point of view (and I have been working in Higher Education for over 25 years). AUD pays faculty half the salary of other universities in the UAE, so they can only get people with little experience or not employable elsewhere. My 2-cents and I am working for a government university -- not AUS. HTH! Thank you for your reply! I have heard that about AUS. Only reason i didn't consider it before is the commute. But will reconsider it. And I appreciate your professional opinion on the faculty and quality of education. That is one of the things that worries me the most about AUD.
Latest post on 24 November 2016 - 03:16
My friend did her MA in Business Administration at AUD and said they were very good but she only intended to use her degree in the UAE not elsewhere. If you are after an internationally recognised qualification call the Ministry of Higher Education to check the accreditation status of that specific course. Best is also to get in touch with SACSCC to make sure it is indeed the way you read it, accredited. I had to check with a British authority as well a few years ago as the website said my degree wasn't accredited then found out it was indeed, so it is worth doing research for sure! AUD can give you information about credit transfers as it is specific to every uni, make an appointment and go talk to them, easier to clarify things in person. It is also handy to know which other uni in the UK or US you are hoping to transfer to as they will have their own transfer criteria. Thank you very much for the reply! Yes, I am actually in the process of requesting more information from SACSCC.
Latest post on 23 November 2016 - 23:17
I would go AUS -- not AUD. AUS certification is air-tight and they have a really good reputation. AUD is very expensive for what they provide; check the fees at AUS, they might be close. AUS is accredited by Middle States, and has its own accreditation (not under an 'umbrella university' in the US like AUD). I am going to sound callous and give you an education professional's point of view (and I have been working in Higher Education for over 25 years). AUD pays faculty half the salary of other universities in the UAE, so they can only get people with little experience or not employable elsewhere. My 2-cents and I am working for a government university -- not AUS. HTH!
Latest post on 23 November 2016 - 07:47
My friend did her MA in Business Administration at AUD and said they were very good but she only intended to use her degree in the UAE not elsewhere. If you are after an internationally recognised qualification call the Ministry of Higher Education to check the accreditation status of that specific course. Best is also to get in touch with SACSCC to make sure it is indeed the way you read it, accredited. I had to check with a British authority as well a few years ago as the website said my degree wasn't accredited then found out it was indeed, so it is worth doing research for sure! AUD can give you information about credit transfers as it is specific to every uni, make an appointment and go talk to them, easier to clarify things in person. It is also handy to know which other uni in the UK or US you are hoping to transfer to as they will have their own transfer criteria.
Latest post on 23 November 2016 - 07:06
[b'>I've read that AUD is accredited by SACSCC which is a US accreditations body for well known institutions. But does anyone know if they have a good reputation and quality education?? Do you know anyone that has actually been able to transfer credits to a US or UK university after?? Your help is greatly appreciated![/b'> :D

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY