Stamping Visa by Visa Run Oman | ExpatWoman.com

Stamping Visa by Visa Run Oman

Latest post on 23 November 2016 - 21:55

Hey there

I came in to Abu Dhabi on Canadian Passport and now me and my 3 kids have got entry permit for residence visa in Abu dhabi through my husband who is already on residence visa. We are planning to save AED 2200 for switching visa from visit to residence by doing visa run to Oman.

Can anyone share the experience of doing visa run for the sake of stamping visa from visit to residence ?
Also, please share what will be the procedure of stamping visa in passport after we do the visa run on Mezyed Border ?

Thanks in advance.

Latest post on 04 December 2016 - 17:49
Hi Shozee I have gone through the same procedure...definitely had to exit and enter,a smooth process and no hassles.
Latest post on 04 December 2016 - 17:25
Hi La vie We were told to either pay for status change fees and another hassle of submitting documents to change from visit to resident which is AED 550 for each family members (in our case, 4 x 550) or do a visa run. We preferred Visa Run.
Latest post on 04 December 2016 - 08:54
Hi Shozee, i dont think you would need to exit? i have the same issue as you we are also Canadian,I had to transfer also from visit then transfer it under my husband,but i didnt need to exit. it will for sure save you a lot of money :) shoot me a message if you need more questions regarding this.
Latest post on 29 November 2016 - 08:53
For those who are interested to do visa run through Mezayed Border; it worked like a charm and there was no issues as we did exit and entry in our own car. It took less than an hour to complete the whole process. Saved us around AED 1900.
Latest post on 24 November 2016 - 10:51
Thanks Lettie for your reply. Actually, at the time of submitting documents for entry permit in DFRA Abu Dhabi, my husband asked the Immigration officer at desk about this and he said it is possible because in either way the UAE exit takes place.
Latest post on 24 November 2016 - 09:14
You just have to make sure first that you can do it at the Oman Border. I was under the impression that you have to come in by air to change from visit to residence visa. I may be wrong, but it won't hurt to find out first.