Nervous mom, have to use babysitting service soon | ExpatWoman.com

Nervous mom, have to use babysitting service soon

Latest post on 27 November 2016 - 12:52

So we are living in Dubai for 3 months now and we will soon be needing a babysitter for our 2yr old son. I'm very nervous leaving my son with a stranger alone for a while so I would like to find out from all the other moms how to deal and which babysitting company is recommended?

Latest post on 03 December 2016 - 10:21
CanSav! I hope you find the right nanny for your child as soon as possible. The one that will properly take care of your baby :)
Latest post on 27 November 2016 - 17:21
CanSav please use a proper agency like Emirates nursing, nurse co. angels of medial care, enaya home nursing, al hilal private nursing. five star hotels use a couple of these agencies! Using maid agencies is a hit and miss, they are not professional unless you have a recommendation of someone who has used etc. As you are new to the country go the right way, yes it is expensive but until you know the ropes of the city it is safer for your child to be with a registered carer who is trained on how to take care of him and to keep him away from windows-doors etc. it is holiday season so you may have to book 1 week ahead for these agencies just to give you a heads up. Thank you so much for this, I would definitely prefer doing it the right way. Keeping my son away from windows and the balcony was my main concern really, since we're on the 5th floor.
Latest post on 27 November 2016 - 16:21
Ask friends if you could 'borrow' their nanny/maid for an evening, also if she could meet your son for a few hours prior to booking her. It's better to have someone look after him who comes recommended. Borrowing a friends maid is illegal. If anything bad were to happen then the sponsor is slapped with a large fine, said maid would be deported and she isn't insured. Really not worth the risk Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I wasn't aware as so many families do this around us and have found this to be a very easy and good way to have someone for a few hours. I won't be suggesting this to anyone though as it is best to stick to the rules :cool:
Latest post on 27 November 2016 - 16:13
Ask friends if you could 'borrow' their nanny/maid for an evening, also if she could meet your son for a few hours prior to booking her. It's better to have someone look after him who comes recommended. Borrowing a friends maid is illegal. If anything bad were to happen then the sponsor is slapped with a large fine, said maid would be deported and she isn't insured. Really not worth the risk
Latest post on 27 November 2016 - 15:08
CanSav please use a proper agency like Emirates nursing, nurse co. angels of medial care, enaya home nursing, al hilal private nursing. five star hotels use a couple of these agencies! Using maid agencies is a hit and miss, they are not professional unless you have a recommendation of someone who has used etc. As you are new to the country go the right way, yes it is expensive but until you know the ropes of the city it is safer for your child to be with a registered carer who is trained on how to take care of him and to keep him away from windows-doors etc. it is holiday season so you may have to book 1 week ahead for these agencies just to give you a heads up.
Latest post on 27 November 2016 - 14:05
Ask friends if you could 'borrow' their nanny/maid for an evening, also if she could meet your son for a few hours prior to booking her. It's better to have someone look after him who comes recommended.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY