Marriage Certificate Advice | ExpatWoman.com

Marriage Certificate Advice

Latest post on 30 November 2016 - 11:20

Hi, this is a bit of a long shot but I was wondering if anyone is able to help. I have now moved to Abu Dhabi to join my husband who has already been here for 5 months. We need to get our Barbados wedding certificate attested/certified and are having a real issue with it. Has anyone managed to go about this or know anyone who might have had the same issue? Everywhere we try keeps sending us somewhere else and nobody seems to know the correct way to go about it. There is no UAE embassy in Barbados and no one here wants to touch it till its been correctly attested/certified. We have been told to try the UK embassy in Dubai next???

I'd appreciate any help on the matter.

Latest post on 26 April 2017 - 14:00
Hi, for anyone interested, we FINALY sorted our marriage certificate!! We had to pop into the Barbados embassy in London when we were back visiting and they took a small payment (about £30 i think) and posted it back to Barbados, where it was attested and then posted back to us recorded delivery.We then got it translated and stamped at marina mall. :biggrin::biggrin:
Latest post on 04 December 2016 - 09:44
Hi, this is a bit of a long shot but I was wondering if anyone is able to help. I have now moved to Abu Dhabi to join my husband who has already been here for 5 months. We need to get our Barbados wedding certificate attested/certified and are having a real issue with it. Has anyone managed to go about this or know anyone who might have had the same issue? Everywhere we try keeps sending us somewhere else and nobody seems to know the correct way to go about it. There is no UAE embassy in Barbados and no one here wants to touch it till its been correctly attested/certified. We have been told to try the UK embassy in Dubai next??? I'd appreciate any help on the matter. Hello Does Barbados have a Ministry of Commonwealth and foreign office? My colleagues who got married in the Seychelles and Sri Lanka got their done whilst they were there and at the above office You may have to take a trip back. Ask the UK embassy though as they are part of the commonwealth
Latest post on 01 December 2016 - 12:02
We were in a similar situation as we do not have a UASE embassy in our country. We went to an embassy of a GCC country that was represented there (Egypt) and got it certified there after it was certified by our country's Ministry of Foreign affairs. After that, you have to get it translated into Arabic and take both (original and translation) to the MOFA of the UAE and get it certified. But that was 8 years ago