HR advice | ExpatWoman.com

HR advice

Latest post on 07 December 2016 - 11:34

Hello ladies,

My husband was told to resign yesterday by his company boss, he works for an Indian company in AD. He was summoned to a meeting without being told the reason. There was one of the other lower bosses and an Arab present, the Arab gentleman was not introduced. We've later found out that he may have been a company lawyer.

Two days earlier the 'lower' boss visited my husband's office. My husband refused to shake the boss' hand as my husband had been treated badly by the company when he underwent recent heart bypass surgery. My husband later shook his hand when he left the office.

My husband was told he 'wasn't wanted' and to 'resign' as he had shown disrespect to his superior. He wasn't given a chance to say anything as he was shouted down by the big boss. He only managed to say that what they're doing is illegal, but this wasn't acknowledged.

Sorry for the long explanation. I'd be grateful for any advice.

Latest post on 08 December 2016 - 12:01
Is there any 'written' documentation stating that your husband was disrespectful for such immediate dismissal? There are stages to be followed before 'terminating' an employee (verbal, written); unless it falls under article 120 (serious offenses). What a toxic environment to work in! I am very sorry this happened. If your husband believes that he has been unfairly dismissed, approach the labor court. It always works. Companies that treat their employees unfairly must be taught a fair lesson. Good luck and let us know the approach he finally takes.
Latest post on 07 December 2016 - 17:58
I can understand that the company is going to fire your husband. And they will try every trick to get him sacked. Right now they are getting him agitated to get him make a mistake, specially they are involving a lawyer, so I believe your husband should seek industrial lawyer to accompany him in his next meeting with the bosses. Your husband is in a very critical situation here, even if he did not do anything wrong, his days in the company is now numbered. In my own personal opinion; you should start looking elsewhere, either find a new job or go another country, but really you guys need to involve MOL Involve your consulate too; they have lawyers or will recommend lawyers, all I can say is you need to document everything and anything from that company. All the best and stay strong

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY