Single Mother sponsoring her children | ExpatWoman.com

Single Mother sponsoring her children

Latest post on 07 December 2016 - 15:22

Dear all,

I am writing on behalf of a dear friend of mine who is planning to move to the UAE.

She is a single mother of three. Out of experience would this be an issue for the Visa process?

Her prospective work would sponsor her and she would then sponsor her children.

My friend is German.

Thanks in advance!

Latest post on 27 October 2019 - 10:21
Dear All, Can an unmarried single mom working in Dubai sponsor her daughter who is 21 years?
Latest post on 22 May 2017 - 09:16
Dubai does allow it and you don't have to be a Teacher etc. A friend who is a single Mum here, works for a law firm and sponsors her Daughter. Dad is in the UK She gave me this information As per the prevailing rules of the directorate, you may sponsor your daughter if you have a minimum salary of Dh10,000 or salary of Dh7,000 plus employer's accommodation or your own accommodation. In case of your own accommodation you should have a valid Ejari tenancy contract for your accommodation. Further, you will also need to secure a letter of no-objection or NOC from your husband stating that he has no objections with your daughter staying with you in Dubai under your sponsorship. The NOC should also be duly notarised and legalised in Dubai I cannot tell you about Abu Dhabi sorry
Latest post on 22 May 2017 - 09:07
Absolutley correct for all of the emirates including Dubai, mother can only sponsor children if she is in the medical feild like Nurse, Doctor etc or Teacher. Not sure about engineering. Old sponsors may be allowed to carry on but new apps will not be processed. I sponsored my daughter and I am not in any of those fields, I'm a Graphic Designer with a semi-govt company in Dubai. It might be different for Abu Dhabi.
Latest post on 18 May 2017 - 01:19
Absolutley correct for all of the emirates including Dubai, mother can only sponsor children if she is in the medical feild like Nurse, Doctor etc or Teacher. Not sure about engineering. Old sponsors may be allowed to carry on but new apps will not be processed.
Latest post on 17 May 2017 - 21:40
sarahlou123 - I am facing a similar situation, perhaps you could elucidate something for me? I am beginning contract negotiation to move to Abu Dhabi for work, but when I contacted the "Abu Dhabi Government Contact Centre" that regardless of salary (I do meet the requirements you and others have listed previously - salary + housing and schooling covered by the company so no issue there), I could only sponsor my daughter if I were in medicine, engineering or education. I work in tech. Is this true!? Apparently in Dubai there would be no problem. I would REALLY hate to have gotten this far in the process to have it all be for nothing because I can't take my daughter. Thanks in advance!
Latest post on 07 December 2016 - 15:54
Dear all, I am writing on behalf of a dear friend of mine who is planning to move to the UAE. She is a single mother of three. Out of experience would this be an issue for the Visa process? Her prospective work would sponsor her and she would then sponsor her children. My friend is German. Thanks in advance! This is the last info I have Yes, she can sponsor her child however, this is subject for approval from the Immigration Authority and as part of requirement she would need to provide an NOC letter from the father which should be fully legalized in Foreign Affairs and UAE Embassy from the country where it is issued and further legalization in MOFA in UAE is required. Also, the birth certificate of the child should be fully legalized as well. Usual requirements for sponsoring dependents will apply such as Attested Tenancy Contract, Latest Dewa Bill,Passport Copy & Visa, Passport Copy of the Child, Attested Employment Contract / Salary Certificate in Arabic, Emirates ID, 1 photo white background , Required Salary: AED Min 3,000 + accommodation or AED 4, 000 basic salary I hope she will be getting a good salary/housing and schooling as those costs would be huge here for a single mother

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY