MOVING TO DUBAI | ExpatWoman.com

MOVING TO DUBAI

Latest post on 13 December 2016 - 11:44
If the AED13,000 is all inclusive do you know exactly what your take-home pay will be each month and how much they will be deducting for housing, medical, travel etc? Well 3900 AED is base salary, 3900 housing allowance....and an amount for travel allowance which totalled the $13000 per month. You have written both AED and $?? Is the salary in AED because if it is it is very low for a Mum and a child Factor in rent/utility bills and transport that will total around half of your salary without taking into account a maid ( live in 1500 a month) agency 2000-2500. Food, petrol, days out, emergencies, travel/holidays and eventually schooling. It is doable but very very tight and you may end up taking out loans or credit cards as many people do which then lands them in debt
Latest post on 13 December 2016 - 11:06
Just wanted to add if your base salary is only 3900 per month then you may find problems sponsoring your daughter as the below and other media suggests you need to be earning 10k per month as your base to be able to sponsor, also your end of contract gratuity will be low. http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_Finance_Family_Sponsorship_in_Dubai_9569.aspx
Latest post on 11 December 2016 - 14:58
Are all your utility bills paid for? Is the accommodation furnished? How will you commute other than for work? Presuming this is company transport to and from your home to work but nowhere else? Even as a single I think you could struggle on this package, with a daughter to feed, clothe and educate it's going to be tough, can't see how you would save anything. If the 13k was the base salary with accommodation provided on top of this and full medical for you and your daughter and an educational allowance it may just be enough. You also need to look at the costs of sponsoring your daughter and the paperwork required. How will you afford to fly your daughter home each summer? Go back to the company and tell them what you require.
Latest post on 11 December 2016 - 08:03
I have just moved to dubai (I came alone) and the first two months are the most expensive and you have to remember that alot of landlords want rent up front for a minimum of 6months. Then deposit and Ejari amd dewa fees. Agency fees and the like. Are they going to offer a housing loan ? Some companies do this. Ask for it. You could share but do you really want to share with a stranger where you have your kid ? If you don't mind then easily the above would not apply and you can get a cheap place but it is not your own. Relocation package .....ask for it. You will need it. Without a doubt. I used mine to help me pay the rent up front. Will you want a car ? On 13k you will ve looking at the second car market or a small new car. Petrol is dirt cheap here so don't worry about that. I spend 200 dirhams a month and that is mainly cos I keep getting lost !! Hint. Never listen to the sat nav use Google. If you want to eat out once a week or go out then on that salary I am telling you that 13k won't go very far. You will have to budget and you will have to make sure that you are not shopping in the branded stores. Local stores are cheap and we hae ikea (my life saver in the first month) My recommendation to you would be. Don't be afraid to negotiate hard. Ask for more. And tell them about your daughter and that you want coverage for health and a place at the school for her. That is not an unrealistic thing to ask for. The expat packages can come with a ticket for up to two children. Ask for it....what is the worst that can happen they say no ? Dubai is a wonderful place to live and theRe are loads of ways you don't have to live expensively but on a salary of that amount you will find that you are not going to enjoy the high life and so u need to ask yourself do you want to live comfortably in a nice part of town or do you not mind living on a tight budget.
Latest post on 11 December 2016 - 02:17
If the AED13,000 is all inclusive do you know exactly what your take-home pay will be each month and how much they will be deducting for housing, medical, travel etc? Isnt housing and travel suppose to be allowances? Why would they deduct that? I guess I should ask what are the deductions that may come out?
Latest post on 11 December 2016 - 01:45
NO!!!rent will be at least 4 or 5 k a month. Primary schools are upwards of 3k a month. You then have bills and transport. 13k If they pay housing and possibly schooling would be ok. Insurance for ur daughter will be more money out of your budget. Actually the 13000 is base the breakdown is 3900 base salary 3900 housing Cant remember the amount for travel expenses but it all totalled to $13000 AED monthly. The insurance is for me alone not my daughter What do you think is feasible to request in light of everything and cost of living there?
Latest post on 11 December 2016 - 01:42
Are you coming from the UK and is this a UK curriculum school? Or is it for an Indian or another type of curriculum school? Is the position an academic one? i.e you hold teaching qualifications? I think you are wise to be concerned re this package. Have they included a relocation allowance? Are they aware you would be coming with your daughter? Why have they not offered a place in the school for your daughter? This is usual practice. Please provide more information if you can, so feedback can be given. I am coming from the Caribbean. The school is a management school so my daughter is way too small. The relocation allowance is 3000 AED So would have to pay for her school, nanny cost and housing cost per month. Also,, in terms of the schools do they take payment monthly or annually?
Latest post on 11 December 2016 - 01:40
If the AED13,000 is all inclusive do you know exactly what your take-home pay will be each month and how much they will be deducting for housing, medical, travel etc? Well 3900 AED is base salary, 3900 housing allowance....and an amount for travel allowance which totalled the $13000 per month.
Latest post on 11 December 2016 - 01:38
Hi,Is this a joke? No way could you live on this even alone. What planet are you living on. Complete families live on salaries like this, even in Dubai. OP: it will all really depend on what sort of live you want for you and your daughter. You won't be able to live the luxury live. And since obviously your package seems to be for you alone, I would talk to the school about school fees and health insurance for your daughter because especially schooling can be extremely expensive here. But 13.000aed is not impossible. Bear in mind that given the fact you're likely to be doing long days, you may also have to hire a nanny you for her for after school hours. As for housing, look at sites like property finder.ae and dubizzle. One last thing, a single woman with a child is definitely not the norm here, so make sure the father agrees etc. Etc. or you may not even be able to sponsor your girl. Hello THe base salary in 13000 AED all inclusive but the breakdown is 3900 base, 3900 housing and some other amount for travel expenses. I want to be able to save a little as well and have my daughter in a good school. What is the cost of nannies there?
Latest post on 11 December 2016 - 00:35
NO!!!rent will be at least 4 or 5 k a month. Primary schools are upwards of 3k a month. You then have bills and transport. 13k If they pay housing and possibly schooling would be ok. Insurance for ur daughter will be more money out of your budget.
Latest post on 10 December 2016 - 19:45
Hi..this is clearly not at all enough even to live on a budget,esp when u have a child with u. And besides it's all inclusive with no insurance for the child.and also considering the fact that ur post is of the director,this salary is too low .either u should negotiate with them or consider other options, that's my advice....good luck
Latest post on 10 December 2016 - 13:57
This is a huge amount of money. It depends on how you're going to properly allocate your money. If you want to live luxurious life, then this money isn't enough for you. My advice for you, create a budget plan. A huge amount of money??? :confused:
Latest post on 10 December 2016 - 13:54
Are you coming from the UK and is this a UK curriculum school? Or is it for an Indian or another type of curriculum school? Is the position an academic one? i.e you hold teaching qualifications? I think you are wise to be concerned re this package. Have they included a relocation allowance? Are they aware you would be coming with your daughter? Why have they not offered a place in the school for your daughter? This is usual practice. Please provide more information if you can, so feedback can be given.
Latest post on 10 December 2016 - 13:02
If the AED13,000 is all inclusive do you know exactly what your take-home pay will be each month and how much they will be deducting for housing, medical, travel etc?
Latest post on 10 December 2016 - 10:19
This is a huge amount of money. It depends on how you're going to properly allocate your money. If you want to live luxurious life, then this money isn't enough for you. My advice for you, create a budget plan.
Latest post on 10 December 2016 - 07:47
Hi,Is this a joke? No way could you live on this even alone. What planet are you living on. Complete families live on salaries like this, even in Dubai. OP: it will all really depend on what sort of live you want for you and your daughter. You won't be able to live the luxury live. And since obviously your package seems to be for you alone, I would talk to the school about school fees and health insurance for your daughter because especially schooling can be extremely expensive here. But 13.000aed is not impossible. Bear in mind that given the fact you're likely to be doing long days, you may also have to hire a nanny you for her for after school hours. As for housing, look at sites like property finder.ae and dubizzle. One last thing, a single woman with a child is definitely not the norm here, so make sure the father agrees etc. Etc. or you may not even be able to sponsor your girl.
Latest post on 10 December 2016 - 05:56
Hi,Is this a joke? No way could you live on this even alone. There are many living on this and less in Dubai...flatshare etc, look on Dubizzle.
Latest post on 09 December 2016 - 20:59
Hi,Is this a joke? No way could you live on this even alone.
Latest post on 09 December 2016 - 20:16
Hello I was recently offered a job in Dubai as Director for a School. I will like to know the rental cost for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment in the international city as well as the cost of good schools in that area for my 7 year old daughter. The thing also is that I need to see whether what they are offering me is feasible taking into consideration the living expenses in Dubai: 13,000 AED per month all inclusive This is including housing, travel and medical. Health insurance is for me alone not my dependent and ticket home is for me alone not dependent at a cost of 3000 AED. Is this feasible?:thinking:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY