Banks | ExpatWoman.com

Banks

Latest post on 12 December 2016 - 09:00

Hi
Does one have to have residency and Emirates ID to open a bank account in Dubai?
Are there any banks that don't require this?
Thanks

Latest post on 06 July 2017 - 20:01
Wow, I thought it was mandatory :biggrin:
Latest post on 06 July 2017 - 10:48
Hi, no Emirates ID is not compulsory in UAE for a bank account. You would be provided with an offshore account where you can maintain a bank account being out of UAE. But you need to maintain some minimum balance and pay some annual fees. But these requirements differ with each bank so check with your bank once.
Latest post on 22 June 2017 - 01:41
You can open a savings account as a non resident ...... exact criteria differs from bank to bank. I'm fairly certain you cannot get a cheque book or debit card (i.e. a current account) as a non resident.
Latest post on 21 June 2017 - 22:04
Depends on which person you ask and at which branch of ENBD as you will get a different answer, delivery of ATM card is against E ID so you will face another challange as the computer says NO ? Apply for onlie at same time as it will save you time
Latest post on 21 June 2017 - 14:06
Hi, to open an account in any bank in UAE you need not have an Emirates ID. Few banks allow non-residents to maintain an account in their banks like Emirates NBD as far as I know. But you need to maintain some account balance or pay some annual fees or both in few banks.
Latest post on 12 December 2016 - 17:43
Yes, EmiratesNBD do a non-resident account - you have to maintain a min balance of dhs3k or they charge dhs25 per month. You have to apply from inside the UAE and provide copy of a valid visitor visa, as well a ref letter from your bank in your home country, and proof of address in home country ie utility bills, and passport etc.
Latest post on 12 December 2016 - 13:29
That isn't strictly true, some banks allow you to open a savings account however you will need to ring around. Many non UAE residents have banks here. If my memory serves me correctly ENBD do one
Latest post on 12 December 2016 - 10:58
As far as I can remember, it is a requisite for the creation of bank account
Latest post on 12 December 2016 - 10:53
You will need that plus salary certificates from your employer/sponsor etc...without which am afraid you cannot open a bank account here.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY