How to find friends in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

How to find friends in Dubai

Latest post on 21 December 2016 - 00:36

Dear all,

This year had been tough for me but I wish that with New Year will come new and better events.
I am 24 yo housewife, who is in Dubai, seeking for new friends and I was lucky to find this forum. I truly hope to find friends here. Please, if there is anyone looking for friends, I will be happy to talk to you.

Thank you!
Wish you all merry Christmas!
Madina

Latest post on 04 February 2017 - 00:13
Hi Madina, I am not yet in Dubai, but my husband and I are moving to Dubai in summer and we will be looking to make friends as well. :) If you are still looking then, maybe we can go for a coffee or so. :) Dami
Latest post on 13 January 2017 - 20:20
Mrsmads1 where do you live? There may be groups in your area.
Latest post on 22 December 2016 - 10:21
Where do you live? What are your interests, do you speak any other languages? You might be able to find a local community group on FB. I felt like you when I moved here last year, and started to take Arabic calligraphy classes at Dubai International Art Center.. that got me off to a great start! Made some nice friends, set up lessons at my house with another teacher afterwards.. which let me get to know more people close-by. Then this year I applied to work at a school as an assistant for special needs kids, which has been a great use of my time, very rewarding, and good preparation as I prepare to work in a better position next year. There are so many nice classes, workshops, learning opportunities all around.. gyms, trainings, etc. Besides applying to volunteer or work somewhere :) Just jump in and you'll find your way! Well, I would agree with you there. Social media is a great tool to build relationship with others. Furthermore, this site can help you to connect with the people :)
Latest post on 21 December 2016 - 10:45
Where do you live? What are your interests, do you speak any other languages? You might be able to find a local community group on FB. I felt like you when I moved here last year, and started to take Arabic calligraphy classes at Dubai International Art Center.. that got me off to a great start! Made some nice friends, set up lessons at my house with another teacher afterwards.. which let me get to know more people close-by. Then this year I applied to work at a school as an assistant for special needs kids, which has been a great use of my time, very rewarding, and good preparation as I prepare to work in a better position next year. There are so many nice classes, workshops, learning opportunities all around.. gyms, trainings, etc. Besides applying to volunteer or work somewhere :) Just jump in and you'll find your way!
Latest post on 21 December 2016 - 10:32
Good morning Msmads1 The first while in Dubai can be tough. Keep your mind open to meeting people. Go to the coffee groups, and remember that a lot of women are in the exact same situation as you. Try joining a gym, or yoga class as well. When I first moved to AD I went to 1 coffee morning before I started working and found 3 ladies who were also brand new to the country so we decided to do touristy things together like kayaking in the mangroves, and checking out some heritage sites.
Latest post on 21 December 2016 - 09:52
Welcome to the forum! This is the right place to make some friends. I hope that you'll be able to enjoy the company :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY