DD with signs of ASD | ExpatWoman.com

DD with signs of ASD

Latest post on 08 January 2017 - 12:21

My DD has been initially assessed with ASD, more tests and observation has been scheduled to check how much therapy she would need.
I don't know where to start and what to do. She's turning 3 and I already feel bad of taking for granted the signs I have observed before so I am really scared to commit more mistakes.
Please help!

Latest post on 08 January 2017 - 21:27
Dear Loving wife, I don't know the answer to your question, regarding the next step, but I want to let you know that you must be kind to you. Kids are growing and changing so much that it is hard sometimes to pick up all the clues and signs that might indicate ASD. If she is only 3 and you are already on top of the preliminary diagnosis, then give yourself a hug and a pat on the back for moving forward and getting the process started. Parenting is already a hard job, so please be kind to you. Your DD is lucky to have you as a mom. Most likely the clinic where she is being assessed will have some information for you about the next few steps. You may find that there is a lot of trial and error in strategies that will help your daughter, so I suggest you keep notes in a binder to help you stay focused.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY