A hair salon that won't break the bank?? | ExpatWoman.com

A hair salon that won't break the bank??

Latest post on 13 January 2017 - 12:48

I need help! I can't seem to find a decent salon that I can get my hair done that won't charge me a lot.

I currently have blonde highlights and I want to go dark and slowly end up back to my natural color. I've checked a few salons and they said they're going to charge up to 850 dhs for the job.
That's outrageous to me because I'm used to paying like $100-125 max for normal hair coloring, so around 350-450 dhs. I just can't pay up to 1000 dhs.

So any suggestions of reasonably priced salons will be extremely helpful! Anything in the 300-500 price range (which I know, is impossible in a place like Dubai).

Latest post on 06 February 2020 - 13:17
Try Diva Ladies Salon in Barsha heights- Ask for Roxy Sr Stylist 044534933
Latest post on 26 August 2019 - 12:10
Juice Salon , Meadows town Centre, My hair stylist Muna used to be working in the same salon when it was called Shima then new owners took over. I wouldnt change hands ever... she has been my stylist for over 10 years now and not over the top expensive given that I have curly, unruly hair which needs treatment often too.
Latest post on 01 August 2019 - 14:04
If you're willing to make the drive I hear there is a good one with good prices in Sharjah. It called Pafan and the person who does really good hair coloring is called Raniah!
Latest post on 09 January 2019 - 13:36
just walk in al rigga dubai and you will meet alot of Filipina offers packages in different salons. affordable and good salon.
Latest post on 06 January 2019 - 09:45
I go to Marina at 4 Girls Beauty Salon in JLT, Cluster R (http://www.4girls.ae/).
Latest post on 03 January 2019 - 18:16
I would recommend SAbeauti professional ladies salon inside Dubai International Bowling Center near Century Mall in Al Mamzar, Dubai.
I am a European Hairdresser. Happy to help you. Contact me on 0585090486.
Latest post on 03 January 2019 - 18:15
I would recommend SAbeauti professional ladies salon inside Dubai International Bowling Center near Century Mall in Al Mamzar, Dubai.
Hi There, I am a European Hairdresser, just arrived in Dubai. I would love to hear from you. I won't charge much... contact me on 0585090486
Latest post on 03 January 2019 - 18:14
Hi There, I am a European Hairdresser, just arrived in Dubai. I would love to hear from you. I won't charge much... contact me on 0585090486
Latest post on 08 November 2018 - 09:53
highly recommend hairworks in Ibn Battuta - helen there is lovely and prices aren't too high depending on what you're having done
Latest post on 07 November 2018 - 19:29
Latest post on 07 September 2018 - 07:16
Ive been going to 'A Cut Above' in the Jumeirah Centre , Jumeirah road. Tried a few in Jumeirah 1, and although all were good this is very good and not too expensive.
Latest post on 04 September 2018 - 10:59
Ladies i own spirals beauty salon and can tell you we are based in JVC, have 5 UK stylists and always keep our prices as low as possible. we have great offers on at the moment for half head highlights for 400dhs including cut and blow dry. our ethos is good hair at real prices, after all we've all come here to save for a better future. Feel free to drop me a line or find us on facebook:spiralsbeauty we are very open with our prices and they are all published there xxx thanks to those ladies for the recommendations xxx
Latest post on 21 March 2017 - 11:19
Caroline Kassem, she comes to your house, uses only organic products. She is really good and charges normal prices (350 for full highlights and blowdry), I believe 400-450 if you add a haircut.
Latest post on 20 January 2017 - 08:36
A friend went to Spirals in JVC and she looks really good, said it was British stylists and half price compared to places like Ted Morgan. The location is not really convenient for myself, so I'm still looking, no consistency in the salons here unfortunately. I had a good cut and color at Tang and Mora in JLT for 550 dhs. They have a few German hairdressers there. It was good and reasanoble priced, but I wasn't blown away. My friend speaks highly of a hairdresser named Kim in Spirals but she mentioned its in JLT not JVC... is there Spirals in JVC? I have been to Beauty Balance Saloon in Bur Dubai... I had a trim, root color, low lights and blow dry (+eye brow and upper lip) all for 600 Dhs. They are a very small saloon but quite cozy. I used to go to Emma and she was great, even my mom (quite a picky person) loved her work. She sadly left. But they have another guy who has previous experience from Amro saloon (most known and expensive branch in UAE) and another egyptian lady who is very sweet and good too. So check it out ... There might be two Spirals then, the one I know about is in JVC and I think my friend paid a bit less than 500 dhs for her services (cut and color) and the same thing use to set her back at almost 900 dhs at Ted Morgan and honestly the result was as good.
Latest post on 19 January 2017 - 17:57
I also have blonde highlights that I am currently adding low lights to so I can go a bit darker. I have been going to Tiffany(British) at Spirals in JVC. She has been fixing the color disaster I had from another salon. She has been very good at explaining what she's doing and why. Before the holidays I had roots done, highlights, wash, cut and blowdry for around 550. They do offer a % off for JVC residents....I believe it is 10%. They also advertise specials on their facebook page from time to time. Definitely worth checking out.
Latest post on 19 January 2017 - 13:05
A friend went to Spirals in JVC and she looks really good, said it was British stylists and half price compared to places like Ted Morgan. The location is not really convenient for myself, so I'm still looking, no consistency in the salons here unfortunately. I had a good cut and color at Tang and Mora in JLT for 550 dhs. They have a few German hairdressers there. It was good and reasanoble priced, but I wasn't blown away. My friend speaks highly of a hairdresser named Kim in Spirals but she mentioned its in JLT not JVC... is there Spirals in JVC? I have been to Beauty Balance Saloon in Bur Dubai... I had a trim, root color, low lights and blow dry (+eye brow and upper lip) all for 600 Dhs. They are a very small saloon but quite cozy. I used to go to Emma and she was great, even my mom (quite a picky person) loved her work. She sadly left. But they have another guy who has previous experience from Amro saloon (most known and expensive branch in UAE) and another egyptian lady who is very sweet and good too. So check it out ...
Latest post on 18 January 2017 - 22:09
Definitely agree that you have to have some extra time for the students at Gloss. I had my roots done by one of the students and she did a good job. She was well supervised and I am happy with the results. When a student does your hair, you only pay for the products. A week later, I had my hair cut by Deborah, the salon owner, and I am happy with it. Definitely worth it to call and find out about prices.
Latest post on 18 January 2017 - 19:49
Gloss Salon at the corner of Al Manara and Al Wall is where the students train. I get a full head nightlight, root touch up, cut and blow dry for around 300aed. Be warned it takes longer than a regular salon as its fully supervised students.
Latest post on 18 January 2017 - 19:49
Gloss Salon at the corner of Al Manara and Al Wall is where the students train. I get a full head nightlight, root touch up, cut and blow dry for around 300aed. Be warned it takes longer than a regular salon as its fully supervised students.
Latest post on 18 January 2017 - 17:47
Essentials Salon on Al Wasl road are excellent and reasonably priced. British Salon too.
Latest post on 18 January 2017 - 10:39
A friend went to Spirals in JVC and she looks really good, said it was British stylists and half price compared to places like Ted Morgan. The location is not really convenient for myself, so I'm still looking, no consistency in the salons here unfortunately. I had a good cut and color at Tang and Mora in JLT for 550 dhs. They have a few German hairdressers there. It was good and reasanoble priced, but I wasn't blown away. I've checked a few of the forums here and I've seen Spirals as a suggestion a lot. It's close for me, so I'm going to call and check them out, hopefully they do a decent job. And you're right, there is no consistency. ?
Latest post on 18 January 2017 - 10:37
I'm in search of an affordable salon too for hair color but still haven't found one. How bout u? Still haven't found anything, I've searched a bazillion salons, all 500 and up. ?
Latest post on 16 January 2017 - 10:59
A friend went to Spirals in JVC and she looks really good, said it was British stylists and half price compared to places like Ted Morgan. The location is not really convenient for myself, so I'm still looking, no consistency in the salons here unfortunately. I had a good cut and color at Tang and Mora in JLT for 550 dhs. They have a few German hairdressers there. It was good and reasanoble priced, but I wasn't blown away.
Latest post on 15 January 2017 - 23:23
Such a pity for all of us. I go to one salon, pay nearly 400 Dhs for a cut, leave happily. Next time same salon, same charges screwed up my hair. Enough of paying high prices for inconsistent service. I don't know why would people pay 100+ USD to get only a cut. I have started to hate Dubai :angry:
Latest post on 15 January 2017 - 19:28
I'm in search of an affordable salon too for hair color but still haven't found one. How bout u?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY