How can I get my husband lose weight? | ExpatWoman.com

How can I get my husband lose weight?

Latest post on 14 January 2017 - 23:26

So there it is. I'm so desperate that any advice can help, knowing that I've already tried it all. I paid a gym membership for him as a gift, I tried different styles of cooking... He has such a big belly that seems way bigger than a nine month old pregnant lady. He had always been overweight but the tummy is just growing larger. I'm not just talking esthetically, I'm worried for his health as well. Everyone seems to notice that, except HIM. I can write pages about this but I think everyone got the point... so please, if anyone had lived a similar experience, know someone or might just help with a piece of advice, you're welcome. Thanks.

Latest post on 24 January 2017 - 01:18
Sounds like you are doing all you can. You can take a horse to water, but you can't make him drink :) Slowly remove all processed foods and sugar from the house, start replacing them with fresh healthy food, but do it slowly :). Make sure there are lots of veg on a covered plate with a good yummy dip for night time snacking, fruit, lots of water. Start small and work your way up. If you have children they will also benefit and learn...no one needs processed foods or sugar. At the end of the day, he is responsible for his health, you are not. Talk to him to see if there is anything he does like to do, swim, walk, tennis, any sport, does not matter if he will not have a weight loss goal, the idea is to keep him moving, does not matter what it is :) good luck. you keep doing what you are doing for yourself and do not nag him.....that is counterproductive :0
Latest post on 23 January 2017 - 21:27
Ah now Charm27 is talking about shakes..admin can u get rid of her please?
Latest post on 20 January 2017 - 08:31
I'm sorry to say, but if he can't see the problem and is in denial it's not much you can do apart from the support you have already given. My mother is severely obese and now has diabetes, that still doesn't stop her from overeating and eating the wrong kind of food, it's heartbreaking to see. She's been to dieticians, which advice she doesn't take as she thinks she too old to change her habits, her medication has increased, but still no change. I think it's an addiction and denial, a bit like an alcoholic. I sincerely hope your husband will find motivation, as he has a support wife. Do you think hypnotherapy could work? Thank you for sharing, and sorry to hear about your mom. I didn't think of hypnotherapy honestly, but now that you suggested the idea, yes why not... I'll check a center, and suggest the idea to him, not knowing if he'll be enthusiastic about it or not... Hope things will be better for your mom as well. Thanks, let us know if you found something that works and I will definitely try it with my mum as well....
Latest post on 19 January 2017 - 23:21
I'm sorry to say, but if he can't see the problem and is in denial it's not much you can do apart from the support you have already given. My mother is severely obese and now has diabetes, that still doesn't stop her from overeating and eating the wrong kind of food, it's heartbreaking to see. She's been to dieticians, which advice she doesn't take as she thinks she too old to change her habits, her medication has increased, but still no change. I think it's an addiction and denial, a bit like an alcoholic. I sincerely hope your husband will find motivation, as he has a support wife. Do you think hypnotherapy could work? Thank you for sharing, and sorry to hear about your mom. I didn't think of hypnotherapy honestly, but now that you suggested the idea, yes why not... I'll check a center, and suggest the idea to him, not knowing if he'll be enthusiastic about it or not... Hope things will be better for your mom as well.
Latest post on 19 January 2017 - 13:00
Sadly with many people in this position, they don't 'wake up' until they have a health scare. Maybe drag him to the docs for a general checkup and get the doctor to lay out the health issues that he could end up with if he doesn't make some serious changes. Agree. Blood test is a good starting point. Also: My husband started getting healthy as soon as I started cooking dairy and gluten free, juicing, exercising, stopped all soda drinks, threw all sugar out...he saw a good example and followed. Lost so much weight and has become very trim and healthy!
Latest post on 15 January 2017 - 15:45
Sadly with many people in this position, they don't 'wake up' until they have a health scare. Maybe drag him to the docs for a general checkup and get the doctor to lay out the health issues that he could end up with if he doesn't make some serious changes.
Latest post on 15 January 2017 - 10:00
So there it is. I'm so desperate that any advice can help, knowing that I've already tried it all. I paid a gym membership for him as a gift, I tried different styles of cooking... He has such a big belly that seems way bigger than a nine month old pregnant lady. He had always been overweight but the tummy is just growing larger. I'm not just talking esthetically, I'm worried for his health as well. Everyone seems to notice that, except HIM. I can write pages about this but I think everyone got the point... so please, if anyone had lived a similar experience, know someone or might just help with a piece of advice, you're welcome. Thanks. I put my hubby on a strict diet during the week, salads and fruit only. On the weekend he is allowed to cheat. I also make him walk the dogs with me in the evening. He always said I dont need to do it....but I do otherwise, he will live off burgers all week. Do leave anything lying around the house to tempt him. I also tell my husband, I dont want anything to happen to him, think when he see I worry it makes him think.
Latest post on 15 January 2017 - 09:45
I'm sorry to say, but if he can't see the problem and is in denial it's not much you can do apart from the support you have already given. My mother is severely obese and now has diabetes, that still doesn't stop her from overeating and eating the wrong kind of food, it's heartbreaking to see. She's been to dieticians, which advice she doesn't take as she thinks she too old to change her habits, her medication has increased, but still no change. I think it's an addiction and denial, a bit like an alcoholic. I sincerely hope your husband will find motivation, as he has a support wife. Do you think hypnotherapy could work?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY