Dubai American Academy -reviews | ExpatWoman.com

Dubai American Academy -reviews

Latest post on 17 January 2017 - 23:06

Hi.
I'm planning to move my 10 year old to Dubai american academy (Barsha 1) . How is it in terms of education and extra-curricular activites. Also do they have strict check and balance about bullying. As this is the main reason I'm taking my child out from a very renown british school. Any parents who have their kids studying there. Help appreciated .

Latest post on 24 January 2017 - 17:41
Hi Zoyee1,though I don't have a first hand experience about DAA,but I have heared very good reviews about the school..n my child goes to a good IB school,but for the same reasons as u,we are trying to change school....I think bullying is a common issue these days....I really pray that our kids get admission in the desired schools...take care...?
Latest post on 21 January 2017 - 02:34
Hello Zoyee1, we too are happy with DAA. We moved our son to DAA 2 years back in elementary. He loves it here. In Elementary, they never leave any kid unattended, even in the playarea and cafeteria they always have some teacher around to monitor the children. In the last 2 years never heard of any bullying in elementary. Surely the facilities n the building do look a little dated as compared to the new schools around Dubai. But they are trying to upgrade the facilities. Education wise I am very happy here. In grade 5 they have separate teachers for English and maths, science and social studies. I would recommend a tour of both elementary and middle school and then you can decide accordingly. Good Luck.
Latest post on 18 January 2017 - 13:58
Hi Zoyee1, We have had a wonderful experience with DAA over the past few years. To address your concern regarding bullying, the school has a strong 'culture of kindness' that students are encouraged to follow. The parent-teacher communication is always open and the school counsellors also provide a very nurturing environment. I personally know of one family who moved their child to DAA from another renowned British school after a similar experience of bullying there and that child is now happy and settled (in Elementary school). I agree with Silvstet that the school looks tired despite being one of the most expensive ones in town. This is a complaint that a lot of parents have about DAA - we would like to see more upgrades done on campus. However, just because a school looks new, doesn't mean the education is better. I suggest you take a tour of the school to get a feel for the environment there and follow your gut feeling. Good luck!
Latest post on 18 January 2017 - 13:21
I know someone that took her child out of the school recently, main reason was that she thought some subjects they were a bit below other schools and for the fees you pay, you can go to one of the brand new schools with amazing facilities. Personally I think the school looks tired as well and they still charges top $$$. Reading your post again, I get the impression that your child moves because of bullying, I know a case of a girl that moved Safa Community School and they were extremely happy with the school's approach and found the general feel of parents and students very family orientated.
Latest post on 18 January 2017 - 11:30
Help please

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY