information about medication | ExpatWoman.com

information about medication

Latest post on 19 January 2017 - 12:26
Here is a link to a website that lists controlled or banned drugs in the UAE (not Qatar) though I imagine they are similar. http://www.uaeinteract.com/travel/drug.asp I am not familiar with your medicine either. If it is considered a narcotic or has some narcotic component to it I would be [b'>very [/b'>careful about bringing it in as described above [b'>without [/b'>first checking with the Qatar Ministry of Health for guidance Good luck
Latest post on 18 January 2017 - 19:10
I would suggest you get a letter from your GP from where you live at the moment which states why you are on this drug, dosage etc. Even bring your recent medical history too if you can. Plus send a copy to your email, just in case you loose the original at any time. Sorry if it seems like I am stating the obvious but best to cover yourself. By all means bring some with you and if you have to bring over enough to cover you for 6 months or so just ask your doctor to supply you with a letter so that if there is any problems at airports you'll have proof that they are for your health needs alone. Once you arrive and get settled in Doha why not go to a family practitioner at your local hospital and show them the letter from your previous Doctor. Unfortunately I am not familiar with Doha, or the drug your on, but here in Dubai there are some drugs that are government controlled and only the hospitals can supply them. Not long ago I was on certain controlled ones here and even though the local GP could give me a prescription the pharmacies were unable to supply the medication, only the hospitals. The hospitals wouldn't accommodate the GP's prescription at all so I had to then see the family doctor in the hospital to then get another prescription. Crazy I know but very true. Might be worth checking out and avoiding two GP bills and visits. Good luck.
Latest post on 18 January 2017 - 14:37
Hello, my name is Eleftheria and i am from Greece.I am coming to Doha next month and i started to collect informations about the houses , the rules. But i hae a question if someone knows. I am under medication for life, the name of medicine is Ursofalk. Can i found it there? Or can i bring it from Greece? or someone to send it to me? i am taking 3 boxes per month. Thank you!!