Offering clothes to agency maid...do or don't? | ExpatWoman.com

Offering clothes to agency maid...do or don't?

Latest post on 02 February 2017 - 12:41

Hi ladies,
I have quite a collection of clothes that I am finished with. All still in good condition, I'm just fed up looking at them ha!
I was thinking of asking my agency maid if she wanted any of them but I don't want to insult her by doing so. I don't want to just bin them and would rather they go to someone who would get some use of them.
Have any of you offered clothes etc to maids? How did they react to this?
TIA

Latest post on 12 February 2017 - 13:22
When offering clothes or anything else, I just say, "I have some things that we no longer need, do you know anyone who would like to have them?" - that way it doesn't seem like an assumption that the person you're talking to would need them, just that they might know someone... Hi Umm Salah, I am too collecting clothes for my fellow filipinos back home especially for the underpriveledge neighbors who cannot afford to buy clothes. I am collecting used clothes, bags, shoes and toys. Please let me know and am happy to collect them at your place.
Latest post on 03 February 2017 - 12:51
When offering clothes or anything else, I just say, "I have some things that we no longer need, do you know anyone who would like to have them?" - that way it doesn't seem like an assumption that the person you're talking to would need them, just that they might know someone...
Latest post on 02 February 2017 - 21:27
Nanny girl..i am interested of sending some clothes and stuff to orphanage . plz send me email with details . warm regards
Latest post on 02 February 2017 - 18:07
Hi ladies, I have quite a collection of clothes that I am finished with. All still in good condition, I'm just fed up looking at them ha! I was thinking of asking my agency maid if she wanted any of them but I don't want to insult her by doing so. I don't want to just bin them and would rather they go to someone who would get some use of them. Have any of you offered clothes etc to maids? How did they react to this? TIA I have passed on clothes, shoes, bags and even perfume. She was delighted with everything. I just showed her a bag of things and said if you want anything you are welcome to take it otherwise I am going to give them to charity. She took the lot. . To save any problems for her at the agency I also gave her a note which stated I gave them to her. If you are in anyway uneasy doing it then what nannygirl does is amazing.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY