Bad experience with a nanny warning to | ExpatWoman.com

Bad experience with a nanny warning to

Latest post on 14 February 2017 - 09:49

Hello

We are a British family relatively new in Dubai

We hired a maid last year and we were so nice
To her to the last day where she orchestrated a story about having a fight with her family here just for us to book her a flight home. This is fine but searching for flights on the Wednesday the best deal I found was for Sunday but then she cries and makes us pay double to put her on the Thursday flight. So we do only to find out she never got on that flight.

I really need to warn people looking for a nanny as i don't want anyone to go through this. I know she is searching on expat mums. She accepted a job on here the gentleman contacted us for a reference we have a basic reference he did all her paperwork only for her to then tell him she no
Longer wants the job and then she orchestrated the story to dupe us.

Her name is M P. She was utterly rubbish at her job, yet we were patient and never told her off or mistreated her. She even used my jJo Malone cream which was a gift on the sly and god knows what else she did. I would not recommend anyone hiring her at all. It was very stressful dealing with her and I would not want any family to go through this.

Latest post on 17 February 2017 - 17:56
Nannygirl I am happy to post all the whatsapp messages with M to prove that she really was scum as we treated her with such kindness until The day she left. To the point the day she left I saw her taking a cushion I had thrown and she asked if she can borrow needle and thread. I said of course and she then told me she didn't have a pillow where she was going so I told her to take a pillow from Her room with her as the cushion won't be comfortable. I even paid her Extra on her last day to help out. When we flew her to the Philippines in August as we went to the uk For 6 weeks I bought her all the gifts she took for her family. How does she repay us? She lies and makes us pay a stupid amount for a flight she didn't get on. Disgusting really. gorobartie thanks for your advice but when we discovered she didn't get on the flight and was still in country we called her sister in law who pretended she didn't know where M was so we said she had 24hrs to send us copy of her exit stamp and we will have to go to immigration. My husband went the next day to file a case only to be told she had left to Oman that night.. Obviously her sister in law knew where she was. So thankfully we have washed our hands off her. I just wanted to warn families as u invest a lot of time in finding a good nanny to be part of your family and I don't want this happening to anyone. It is sad when u help someone and they do this. She is also Johova witness I bet they will love hearing about her behavior... Then you guys need to cancel her visa, I know it's a totally different thing from absconding report. Because she could enter UAE with that visa, and she will be still your responsibility. I assume she is back in UAE- hence she is in contact with other prospective employers- so just double check with Immegration she is out of UAE then apply for visa cancellation. If she is back then absconding report, either way you need to cut ties with her and you don't need to entertain phone calls asking for reference about her by just saying you decline giving such references. No need to say jhova wittiness or any of that sort, I get it you are upset from the whole issue, but really getting yourself worked out won't help you, after all she is unskilled worker and couldn't comply with her contract she signed, and can't keep any commitment to her job, so in a blunt statement: her loss on the long run. I hope this helps you in figuring out what is your next step then move on. G
Latest post on 15 February 2017 - 23:38
Nannygirl I am happy to post all the whatsapp messages with M to prove that she really was scum as we treated her with such kindness until The day she left. To the point the day she left I saw her taking a cushion I had thrown and she asked if she can borrow needle and thread. I said of course and she then told me she didn't have a pillow where she was going so I told her to take a pillow from Her room with her as the cushion won't be comfortable. I even paid her Extra on her last day to help out. When we flew her to the Philippines in August as we went to the uk For 6 weeks I bought her all the gifts she took for her family. How does she repay us? She lies and makes us pay a stupid amount for a flight she didn't get on. Disgusting really. gorobartie thanks for your advice but when we discovered she didn't get on the flight and was still in country we called her sister in law who pretended she didn't know where M was so we said she had 24hrs to send us copy of her exit stamp and we will have to go to immigration. My husband went the next day to file a case only to be told she had left to Oman that night.. Obviously her sister in law knew where she was. So thankfully we have washed our hands off her. I just wanted to warn families as u invest a lot of time in finding a good nanny to be part of your family and I don't want this happening to anyone. It is sad when u help someone and they do this. She is also Johova witness I bet they will love hearing about her behavior...
Latest post on 14 February 2017 - 21:37
OP, you might don't know, but you are STILL responsible for that maid, actually if she is involved in any illegal activities or been ill and gone to hospital; you are responsible. You should report her absconding from your service and that's how you wash your hands from any trouble she might involve your family in... Think about she might get pregnant out of wedlock and the employer IS the first male to be dragged to jail pending questioning.... Now you are giving your warning to unsuspecting families that might hire her- as I can understand that the man who contacted you isn't satisfied with your feedback on her- and now she is on the run. Make absconding report and pack her stuff and handed it over to Immegration police. Then move on with your life and leave her reap what she sown. HTH
Latest post on 14 February 2017 - 11:27
Since we are listening or reading one sided story I don't think its good to mention names. Just thinking....... In a way you are right but this is a warning... so that if this person contacts you, you know there is a possibility of this happening. You are free to listen to her story We appreciate you coming on here to share your story, but we have removed the lady's name due to the UAE's slander laws and privacy rights.
Latest post on 14 February 2017 - 11:11
Since we are listening or reading one sided story I don't think its good to mention names. Just thinking....... In a way you are right but this is a warning... so that if this person contacts you, you know there is a possibility of this happening. You are free to listen to her story

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY