Bringing medication for dog | ExpatWoman.com

Bringing medication for dog

Latest post on 14 February 2017 - 23:49

Hi, can anyone assist please - my dog is flying over and I need to find out if I can bring the remaining medication for him on my flight. I cannot find it on the banned list but then I cannot find it on the allowed list.
The medication is Fortekor for his heart and Amlodipine (Istin) for his blood pressure. The amlodipine I think must be allowed as I can source this already from the vets in Dubai but the replacement I have found for Fortekor is Kelapril. I would like to bring these over as I have quite a few tablets and they are expensive!
Any help I would really appreciate even it's and email address to contact someone else.
Thank you ladies xx

Latest post on 15 February 2017 - 22:07
Hi Quicksilver 6, We brought in all of our dog's meds including Banacep (Fortekor) and a couple of others for his heart several times. It was never a problem. Bring a receipt with you and/or a prescription from your vet at home just in case you are asked in Dubai. We even brought in several large bags of dog food as our dog had severe skin allergies. Again, it was never a problem. Good luck!
Latest post on 15 February 2017 - 07:49
You probably need to speak to one of the pet relocation companies of the Ministry that deals with animal imports. Try Dubai Kennel and Cattery as they do relocation, plus they have a vets as well, so should know this information.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY