please give your input about school choice | ExpatWoman.com

please give your input about school choice

Latest post on 15 February 2017 - 20:46

Hi all, my friend has had acceptance for her daughter in FS2 for Horizon English School ( near Safa Park). She has also been accepted into Gems Wellington international school, SZR and into Raffles Academy.

Can you please advise which one is better? Her daughter is a shy child...her main concern is that the teaching staff should be nice and make her child feel comfortable.

Thanks

Latest post on 16 February 2017 - 11:38
Hi all, my friend has had acceptance for her daughter in FS2 for Horizon English School ( near Safa Park). She has also been accepted into Gems Wellington international school, SZR and into Raffles Academy. Can you please advise which one is better? Her daughter is a shy child...her main concern is that the teaching staff should be nice and make her child feel comfortable. Thanks My colleagues Son goes to Horizon and he is very happy there. His Mum is a TA at another school so was very picky about where her Son would go all my children go to Horizon and we've been with the school since it was a small school to the more medium sized school it is now... it think it's an ideal school for shy children as my eldest was that way when she started and today has developed into a wonderfully motivated and positive child singing in school plays, being on all the school sport teams, etc. since it's a smaller school (compared to some of the larger counterparts) the children have more chance at being involved in various activities... so even though my child may not be the absolute best in swimming (for example) she still gets to be on the school swim squad since there is lesser number of children compared to a larger school with many many more children to compete for a spot on the squad... hope i'm making sense here... being part of team activities has REALLY helped my eldest come out of her shell and hence I'm very happy with my choice of school... happy to answer any more questions you have on the school
Latest post on 16 February 2017 - 09:24
Hi all, my friend has had acceptance for her daughter in FS2 for Horizon English School ( near Safa Park). She has also been accepted into Gems Wellington international school, SZR and into Raffles Academy. Can you please advise which one is better? Her daughter is a shy child...her main concern is that the teaching staff should be nice and make her child feel comfortable. Thanks My colleagues Son goes to Horizon and he is very happy there. His Mum is a TA at another school so was very picky about where her Son would go
Latest post on 16 February 2017 - 07:21
I don't know anything about Horizon but I would definitely recommend Wellington. My kids went to Raffles World Academy, and unless they have made changes with teachers/faculty etc, in the last 3 years, I would not recommend it.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY