Anyone interested to start a business | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone interested to start a business

Latest post on 05 April 2017 - 17:28
Hi ladies, Its great to see so many of you interested in starting your own business. I was in exactly the same position just over 5 years ago (and had been thinking about it 10 years ago), mainly because I wanted to be more in control of my own working hours as well as income. I was making good money as a Marketing Executive but never felt I valued for the contribution I was making and was doing around 60 hour weeks. After the initial teething problems (set up, not knowing anything, not having much negotiating power), everything just clicked and I started getting leads through customers, friends, contacts - it then mushroomed to the extent that I employed my best friend (who had similar interest and passion) to run my business. This allowed me the opportunity to pursue another idea I had, this time with little risk as I had really good cashflow coming from my Retail business to support. This time I was far more confident and had all the contacts to support me when needed - much more relaxed and had plenty of time for the family. I transferred one of my trusted workers from my Retail operation (also a mum) to run the 2nd business.................and I have since repeated the same process on 3 other occasions. Believe me, it gets far easier after start-up phase where you learn so much. Fortunately, I have not taken on debt and now the businesses are now profitable. I would definitely encourage you to take the plunge - its been hugely rewarding mainly due to the people I have employed, the people I have dealt with and the customers we have..........I would consider many of these my friends now. Financially, it has been life-changing also and, rather than expand any further in the UAE (where we our family won't remain in the long term), we are now channeling all surplus cash into property investment back home where £ exchange rate is getting cheaper by the way. DH now has the luxury of retiring at the ripe old age of 39................but comes from a working class background and hence would not know what to do with himself:-) Good luck and hope you all find going down the entrepreneur route, equally rewarding. Such a great story! Nice to know all your hard work paid off. Im sure its well deserved!
Latest post on 14 March 2017 - 20:04
Hi ladies, Its great to see so many of you interested in starting your own business. I was in exactly the same position just over 5 years ago (and had been thinking about it 10 years ago), mainly because I wanted to be more in control of my own working hours as well as income. I was making good money as a Marketing Executive but never felt I valued for the contribution I was making and was doing around 60 hour weeks. After the initial teething problems (set up, not knowing anything, not having much negotiating power), everything just clicked and I started getting leads through customers, friends, contacts - it then mushroomed to the extent that I employed my best friend (who had similar interest and passion) to run my business. This allowed me the opportunity to pursue another idea I had, this time with little risk as I had really good cashflow coming from my Retail business to support. This time I was far more confident and had all the contacts to support me when needed - much more relaxed and had plenty of time for the family. I transferred one of my trusted workers from my Retail operation (also a mum) to run the 2nd business.................and I have since repeated the same process on 3 other occasions. Believe me, it gets far easier after start-up phase where you learn so much. Fortunately, I have not taken on debt and now the businesses are now profitable. I would definitely encourage you to take the plunge - its been hugely rewarding mainly due to the people I have employed, the people I have dealt with and the customers we have..........I would consider many of these my friends now. Financially, it has been life-changing also and, rather than expand any further in the UAE (where we our family won't remain in the long term), we are now channeling all surplus cash into property investment back home where £ exchange rate is getting cheaper by the way. DH now has the luxury of retiring at the ripe old age of 39................but comes from a working class background and hence would not know what to do with himself:-) Good luck and hope you all find going down the entrepreneur route, equally rewarding.
Latest post on 14 March 2017 - 14:51
Hi - I just recently resigned my present job as fashion designer here in UAE. I want to make my own line business haute couture. I just started making at home and establish later. Please advice me how to get into business online to run and earn.I already have my instagram and post some pictures there but no calls and inquires at all. Thank you
Latest post on 14 March 2017 - 14:33
I am an Indian housewife on husband visa in Dubai. I would like to start a small business in Dubai. If anyone interested, or can help me out or have some good concepts, pls share with me Hi.... What's ur idea for business?
Latest post on 13 March 2017 - 16:35
HI, I am also interested, my husband has a trade license or come up with something new as well.
Latest post on 13 March 2017 - 14:41
I am an Indian housewife on husband visa in Dubai. I would like to start a small business in Dubai. If anyone interested, or can help me out or have some good concepts, pls share with me hello, yes I am interested, what type of business you are interested in, you can contact me.
Latest post on 11 March 2017 - 01:02
Hi Sk92, I am sorry but i have decided to renew my license. Thank you
Latest post on 08 March 2017 - 18:49
Which business are you interested or planning to do? I have a trading license which i recently posted for sale but we change our mind and decided to renew but still waiting for my sponsor who is currently outside the country. Maybe we can share ideas. Hi, I am looking to buy a trading licence please contact if interested thanks
Latest post on 01 March 2017 - 22:49
Which business are you interested or planning to do? I have a trading license which i recently posted for sale but we change our mind and decided to renew but still waiting for my sponsor who is currently outside the country. Maybe we can share ideas.
Latest post on 20 February 2017 - 09:09
I am an Indian housewife on husband visa in Dubai. I would like to start a small business in Dubai. If anyone interested, or can help me out or have some good concepts, pls share with me

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY