Where do Teachers live? | ExpatWoman.com

Where do Teachers live?

Latest post on 12 March 2017 - 21:07

I am thinking of moving to teach in Dubai with my 5yr old daughter. Do teachers tend to live in a certain place? Gated community? I know lots of jobs offer furnished accommodation, but give no details of where.

Latest post on 14 March 2017 - 14:35
Some big schools have teachers accommodations built next to the school... but usually they provide rented accommodation close by.. unless you want your own, in which case you get the house allowance and you rent a place of your own choice but it would definitely not be wise to live at a distance from the school as commuting can be really tiresome!
Latest post on 13 March 2017 - 08:35
I am thinking of moving to teach in Dubai with my 5yr old daughter. Do teachers tend to live in a certain place? Gated community? I know lots of jobs offer furnished accommodation, but give no details of where. All over the UAE. There isn't one sole area where they live. I know of people who live close to the school they work at as they are provided accommodation and others that have an allowance and live elsewhere. Gated communities tend to be villa areas ( Arabian Ranches, Emirates Hills, Victory Heights) the latter is an expensive area to live in so I don't know if a school would house you there

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY