Final settlement | ExpatWoman.com

Final settlement

Latest post on 16 March 2017 - 11:05

I'm wondering if anyone can help, my husband worked in Dubai for 2 years and was promised a visa everyday but in the end he never got one! In June 2016 we had to move back to the UK due to our daughters health and his company didn't pay him his final settlement or previous months salary! Before he left he signed the final settlement agreement his company gave him and they said the money would be in his account within 7 days. His work kept emailing saying they were having money issues and now they just don't answer!
Just wondering if there is anything he can do as we are coming to Dubai in a couple of weeks for a holiday but obviously as he had no visa I'm not sure what we can do????

Latest post on 17 March 2017 - 08:43
Unfortunately he will be classed as having been working illegally, as he never had a visa or work permit. He signed a document to say he'd received all his end of service benefits - you NEVER sign anything unless you've actually received it. The company can provide this as evidence against any case you might try to bring against them. Unfortunately in this case, you really don't have a leg to stand on and as has been said, you'll probably have to right it off and chalk it up to experience.
Latest post on 16 March 2017 - 16:54
Every month they kept saying that he would have his visa by next month and so on, it was his company who kept making excuses and my husband unfortunately believed them! Unfortunately we have a sick child and we really need the money that's why I want to know if we would stand a chance
Latest post on 16 March 2017 - 13:51
I'm wondering if anyone can help, my husband worked in Dubai for 2 years and was promised a visa everyday but in the end he never got one! In June 2016 we had to move back to the UK due to our daughters health and his company didn't pay him his final settlement or previous months salary! Before he left he signed the final settlement agreement his company gave him and they said the money would be in his account within 7 days. His work kept emailing saying they were having money issues and now they just don't answer! Just wondering if there is anything he can do as we are coming to Dubai in a couple of weeks for a holiday but obviously as he had no visa I'm not sure what we can do???? Why did he remain for 2 years with a company that didn't sponsor him? I few months I understand but 2 years is a very long time I am not sure how you would open a case with the ministry if he didn't have a visa. I feel you may have to write this off as he too would be culpable for remaining to work with a company without a sponsorship.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY