Traveling to Dubai as a single women | ExpatWoman.com

Traveling to Dubai as a single women

Latest post on 18 March 2017 - 20:30

Hi Ladies,

I just joined Expat Woman and I'm thrilled that I found you.

A little about me. I've traveled the world until I had my son 19 years ago. I'm from Los Angeles, Ca however, I lived in a little village in Baja Sur Mexico (La Ventana) for many years. My son was born there.

I moved back to the States 12 years ago and now that my son is in college it's time for me to travel again.

I am volunteering in Africa in June and decided to stop over in Dubai for 3 or 4 days. Can anyone suggest where I should stay and the top few things I must see? I'm in great shape and love adventure as well as luxury. I looked at Raffles, Oberoi. Also, will Expat have any events while I'm visiting? I land May 31st and leave June 4th.

Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you.
Terry Kaiser

Latest post on 06 March 2019 - 07:16
This is a very old thread, what is the point of bringing it up again?
Latest post on 04 February 2019 - 09:41
[quote=skyfall][quote=jeahh47]Hi Terry There are so so many things to do in Dubai. In a nutshell, desert safari, skiing in the Dubai Mall, a visit to the Dubai Mall itself. Oh of course, a sunrise...
It's really great expernice and you can stay very safe when you around Middle east, especially in Dubai you may having freedom and very good safety compare then other region middle east, Dubai is great choice.
Latest post on 22 March 2017 - 10:05
Hi Terry There are so so many things to do in Dubai. In a nutshell, desert safari, skiing in the Dubai Mall, a visit to the Dubai Mall itself. Oh of course, a sunrise at the Observation Deck at Burj Khalifa. If you are looking for opulence, then I would personally would recommend either the Madinat Al Qasr (Jumeirah) or the Armani Hotel which is actually in the Burj Khalifa. I am sure that many other ladies will post excellent activities/hotels for you. Hope you enjoy your stay. Skiing is not at Dubai Mall but in Mall of the Emirates at SKI Dubai. :nerd: OK - honest typing mistake. No need to get in a twist :angry:
Latest post on 22 March 2017 - 08:50
Regarding the hotel, I would choose one in the Downtown area as you will be kind of in the middle and it will be easy for you to explore. Raffles is nice, but there isn't that much around it that would be walking distance. The Oberoi has a better location, you also have the Marriot Marquis in the same area, which is the tallest hotel in the world, with some amazing restaurants and a bar on the 72nd floor. Other nice hotel in Downtown includes The Palace Hotel and Vida Downtown and of course the Armani hotel that's already been mentioned.
Latest post on 21 March 2017 - 18:36
Everything that's been suggested so far is all fine and well, but it's the OTT stuff. As a seasoned traveller, I'd also suggest checking out the old and historic parts of Dubai. Go across the creek on an abra, visit the spice souk and the big old gold souk. Do a desert safari. Have a wander round the the bastakia. The Dubai museum is well worth a visit.
Latest post on 21 March 2017 - 17:24
Hi Terry There are so so many things to do in Dubai. In a nutshell, desert safari, skiing in the Dubai Mall, a visit to the Dubai Mall itself. Oh of course, a sunrise at the Observation Deck at Burj Khalifa. If you are looking for opulence, then I would personally would recommend either the Madinat Al Qasr (Jumeirah) or the Armani Hotel which is actually in the Burj Khalifa. I am sure that many other ladies will post excellent activities/hotels for you. Hope you enjoy your stay. Skiing is not at Dubai Mall but in Mall of the Emirates at SKI Dubai. :nerd:
Latest post on 21 March 2017 - 16:19
It is going to be very hot (45-55 degrees) when you are here and with Ramadan many places will not be open and modesty observed a touch more (no eating or drinking in public etc)... Having said this, if money was no object, best way to spend hot summer days are at a wonderful spa like the one at Zaabel Saray on the Palm where you can spend a full day getting pampered! I second the Armani Hotel, if it fits your budget, its wonderful! Right next to Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall! The restaurants at the Armani Hotel are equally amazing! Try exercise classes that you can search for online, recommend Pilates at Real Pilates with Paul, who is a STOTT certified trainer. Book in advance though as they get busy. Or try the under water cycling class in Jumeirah, they are called L'Atelier. Plenty of fitness opportunities indoor... Definitely go up to the observation deck of Burj Khalifa, book tickets online in advance to ensure your slot, you can have a drink there in the evening too if you book at Atmosphere, nothing like a glass of champagne on the 122nd floor (make sure to enquire about their table reservation policy as they can charge you a fix flat rate for a table that you can redeem against bar food and drinks) OR enjoy High Tea there in the afternoon with scones and champagne!; walk around in Madinat Jumeirah, visit the Souq next to Dubai Mall, Dubai Mall in itself is vast with the aquarium and zoo upstairs; you could visit The Lost Chambers at the Atlantis on the Palm as well if you really like fish :) you could also book a ticket at the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding: SMCCU, they serve a breakfast or lunch while they teach you about the region, or visit one of the amazing business class style cinemas for a quick movie (Marina Mall or Dubai Mall); enjoy a drink at the SkyView bar at the Burj Al Arab, the world's only 7 star hotel, book ahead and once again enquire about table prices etc, visit Mirdif City Centre for indoor skydiving! Check out Dubai Opera as well for their listings, they might have something fun on during those days! Outdoor activities will be unbearable unless done very early (5am) or very late (9pm onwards) bearing in mind you won't be able to consume water or any other drinks in public... Plan ahead is my advice by sending emails to places you would like to visit/stay at... Enjoy Dubai! bye: Reach me at frankiedory77 at gmail dot com for more detailed info or any questions you might have :)
Latest post on 19 March 2017 - 10:47
I would suggest being closer to Downtown (although its going to be very hot to walk anywhere) as you have greater access to metro and taxi's, Dubai Mall area etc. I would suggest the Taj Hotel Business Bay over Oberoi, location wise its closer to the Boulevard/Burj Khalifa. Keep in mind it will be Ramadan during that time and while many places are still open during the day, need to keep in mind when planning your activities.
Latest post on 19 March 2017 - 07:34
Hi Terry There are so so many things to do in Dubai. In a nutshell, desert safari, skiing in the Dubai Mall, a visit to the Dubai Mall itself. Oh of course, a sunrise at the Observation Deck at Burj Khalifa. If you are looking for opulence, then I would personally would recommend either the Madinat Al Qasr (Jumeirah) or the Armani Hotel which is actually in the Burj Khalifa. I am sure that many other ladies will post excellent activities/hotels for you. Hope you enjoy your stay.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY