Sign in to your account
Close window
Username:
Password:

Remember me?
Sign in to your account
Username:
Password:

Starting a New Business- Best Approach? Recommended Web Developer?

PostsPosts 45

20/03/2017 16:10:52

Hi Ladies,
I'm wanting to set up my own business and need some advice.

Did any of you ladies register/apply for a licence on your own, or did you use a company to do that? If you used a company, how was the experience and was it worth the cost?

How long did it take to get the ball moving? Also, can anyone recommend a Dubai based website developer?

Much appreciated!! xx

PostsPosts 275

21/03/2017 00:16:42

Hi Desertbeauty,

In terms of set-up / start-up costs, this varies depending on size, nature-of-trade, incorporation jurisdiction, freezone requirements etc etc. It can be a bit of a minefield and I would be inclined to spend a little more and get a company to do all the ground work. I regret not doing this the first time and faced huge delays (and probably ended up costing me more as I lost business as a result). If you do branch out later on down the line, you will have a far better idea of what is required, where to go, what to ask for etc. I've used HLB Hamt on 2 Joint Ventures I've been involved in and they have been very good. As a ballpark estimate, I would set aside around 40,000 to start up.

Re Web Design, I have used my trusted designer Leidan for all my businesses - reliable, very responsive and I've always been delighted with the results.

Good luck - a business can change lives!

los
PostsPosts 47

22/03/2017 16:36:04

I have my own trading license and manage to did it by myself with the help of my sponsor. I did not asked the service of a company/PRO as their cost is high. The cost will depend on the activity of the license as well. If you want I can refer you to my sponsor, but later, when he will be back from outside the country .

PostsPosts 45

28/03/2017 15:08:55

Hi,

Thanks so much for the replies. Really very much appreciated. los if you could put me in touch that would be great! I'm exploring all options at the moment.

Also, I am trying to link up with like minded women who are starting their own businesses to network and share ideas. I've registered with a few local groups like heels and deals but they don't seem to be very active?

Any recommendations? I know there are many like minded creative people in Dubai :-)

PostsPosts 16

05/04/2017 13:00:18

Hi,

Im currently researching how to put up my consultancy business . I can share what ive got but would love to get information if i can get a local service agent. The only thing is if u want to get registered with DED, they require office space and renting a space is too expensive for me. Lowest cost ive got is aed 30k a year for 1 check plus i nees to get their help to register my company i.e. total of almost 60k aed. As a freelance consultant, that is high cost for me

PostsPosts 16

05/04/2017 13:01:01

los wrote:
I have my own trading license and manage to did it by myself with the help of my sponsor. I did not asked the service of a company/PRO as their cost is high. The cost will depend on the activity of the license as well. If you want I can refer you to my sponsor, but later, when he will be back from outside the country .

Hi,

Would love to get in touch with your sponsor.

Thanks!

PostsPosts 8

05/04/2017 15:58:37

Desertbeauty wrote:
Hi,

Thanks so much for the replies. Really very much appreciated. los if you could put me in touch that would be great! I'm exploring all options at the moment.

Also, I am trying to link up with like minded women who are starting their own businesses to network and share ideas. I've registered with a few local groups like heels and deals but they don't seem to be very active?

Any recommendations? I know there are many like minded creative people in Dubai :-)

Hi, I have just started looking into setting one up myself. Would love to network with other likeminded people.

Pages: 1

4 Users Currently Online

On ExpatWoman Today