Tutoring - info please from parents and tutors | ExpatWoman.com

Tutoring - info please from parents and tutors

Latest post on 24 March 2017 - 18:12

HI All

I am leaving teaching at the end of this academic year and am wondering what to do next. Am thinking about private tutoring for primary/early years and English language. I have a couple of questions and would be really grateful for any replies :)

For the parents that have hired a tutor in the areas I mentioned above: roughly what did you pay per hour? Did the tutor come to your home? Would you go to the tutors home? Did you have a tutor weekends, after-school, school holidays, during the school day (for the preschoolers)?

For the people out there that tutor: Does anyone have their own private tutoring business (i.e. just working for themselves, not hiring anyone)? What percentage of the the week do you work tutoring (full-time/part-time)? Roughly what would be the cost to set up said business?

Thanks so much. Any other advice would be gratefully received also.

Latest post on 26 March 2017 - 21:37
I guess I should have read through the whole post before I replied! Thanks for pointing that out. For the original poster, good luck setting up your tutoring business, 15 to 20,000 DHS per year sounds about right.
Latest post on 26 March 2017 - 15:48
I read it that that's what the OP is asking - how much to set up her own business legally? There's an article in this week's Time Out about freelancing and it seems that you're looking at roughly Dh20K to set up... Good luck.
Latest post on 25 March 2017 - 18:11
I am not sure if you are aware that teaching privately is illegal, unless you have a business license. People may not be willing to answer your questions because this is a public forum.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY