Rainy Days | ExpatWoman.com

Rainy Days

Latest post on 25 March 2017 - 10:10

I know it has been rainy these couple of days and it's really a good time to eat delicious food. So I would like to ask what are the foods you can suggest to eat for this kind of weather?

Latest post on 26 March 2017 - 10:45
Anything indulgent ... Any roasted meat with all the trimmings (yorkshire pudding with beef, homemade bread sauce with chicken etc); beef stew with herbed dumplings; chicken fricasee; shepherds pie or cottage pie or even fish pie, all of them with a lovely crispy mashed potato topping; macaroni cheese with a really rich sauce made with oodles of strong cheddar and lots of lovely gooey gruyere; a big bowl of tiger prawns cooked with lots and lots of garlic butter and crusty bread to mop up all that butter ... the list is endless - and now I'm feeling ravenous!! Well, I think I would consider what you have said. I think it's a good time te eat cheesy food. I will really cook and eat for this kind of weather :)
Latest post on 26 March 2017 - 01:52
You must definately try Indian snacks. Have crispy pakoda (savoury) with masala or ginger chai. Try making them. There are several amazing recepies online. :)
Latest post on 25 March 2017 - 22:27
Pasta bake, easy and simple
Latest post on 25 March 2017 - 16:50
Oh we have been indulging, Godiva crepes with hot latte's (Not a normal thing for me at all!) Homemade lemon cake with tea...mmmm sahleb has been made every day when it rains.. oh yes probably packed on pounds but its so cozy with tasty sweets. :)) and of course lazy indian delivery butter chicken YUM. Anything heavy n warm.
Latest post on 25 March 2017 - 10:28
Anything indulgent ... Any roasted meat with all the trimmings (yorkshire pudding with beef, homemade bread sauce with chicken etc); beef stew with herbed dumplings; chicken fricasee; shepherds pie or cottage pie or even fish pie, all of them with a lovely crispy mashed potato topping; macaroni cheese with a really rich sauce made with oodles of strong cheddar and lots of lovely gooey gruyere; a big bowl of tiger prawns cooked with lots and lots of garlic butter and crusty bread to mop up all that butter ... the list is endless - and now I'm feeling ravenous!!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY