need advise/ tips on how to find a job in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

need advise/ tips on how to find a job in Dubai

Latest post on 28 March 2017 - 13:34
Thank you so much for the feedback! Definitely will keep trying and hope something will come up soon! :)
Latest post on 28 March 2017 - 12:21
Hi Im new here & its wonderful to read advice from expats Im from the uk currently living in Dubai from last 3 years Im in a similar situation regarding job The agencies advertise the job but i always find out the company, phone them up & ask for the hr department. Then i email them my cv directly After few days i contact hr for an update Im looking for Beauty Salon manager position with over 7 years experience & have been fortunate enough to have had some interviews but their feedback is taking wayyyy toooo long. Fustrated Lovethefinerthings
Latest post on 27 March 2017 - 22:56
Hello mabel9, Unfortunately in this region, it is still very much 'who you know' and its very difficult to get something by relying on the internet / recruitment agents.The good thing is that i) you are in the market and ii) you have some experience in working here and hence you are better placed than a lot of speculators trying to get into Dubai. Within my circle of friends, almost everyone who has found a job in Dubai, has done so via knowing someone who has a high position (or someone who knows someone else who might be able to help). I think this is the best way - don't feel bad / proud by asking everyone you know (and ask them to do the same with their friends and colleagues) and I'm pretty sure something will work out for you....you also stand a far better chance of being successful at interview if you are a warm rather than cold candidate. Some big organisations also have incentive schemes to refer friends for vacancies as statistically this provides a bit of quality control around candidates. Good luck and keep trying - persistence is the key!! Happy Hunting!
Latest post on 27 March 2017 - 17:52
Hello ladies! to make a long story short, I'm living in Dubai for nearly 3 years now, was working in 1 company for 1.5 years with 15k basic salary, owner was extremely dishonest and stopped paying salary, then I was forced to leave the company and file a court case against him, which ruined like almost a year of my life. Since the day I left, I started searching for a new job on all the career websites like gulftalent, linkedin, dubizzle, etc. which wasn't successful at all. I've applied for like hundreds of positions with no luck. Has anyone been in the same situation in job search? Can you share some tips or advise what to do in this situation? Do you know some recruiters who can assist me? I found a job few months ago, but commission based salary only, which puts me in a very stressed situation. I really want to find something with a basic salary (I will agree even for much lower basic than I initially got) to help my husband financially and not to worry about the money issues. Thanks a lot for your help!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY