elderly parents who dont like the sun or much walking? | ExpatWoman.com

elderly parents who dont like the sun or much walking?

Latest post on 01 April 2017 - 10:21
Take them to the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding, they'll be given breakfast and learn about the culture, provided they speak English?! (SMCCU) The Lost Chambers at Atlantis, I took my mother there and she loved it! It is indoors, interesting and you can have lunch/coffee/tea afterwards. The Big Bus tour is great if they sit inside, on the top it is crazy hot...the dhow again, very hot unless taken in the evening. On the other hand the Bateaux dinner cruise which is inside a lovely glass boat is wonderful, leaves from the Creek. Spice/Gold Souk again requires walking outdoors in the heat..I'd not recommend those if they don't like the sun. I was there a few days ago and it was more than unpleasant.
Latest post on 29 March 2017 - 19:58
An evening in the Glow Garden. The butterfly park next to the Miracle Garden is indoor and doesn't require much walking.
Latest post on 29 March 2017 - 12:00
Definitely go for the big bus option! My parents loved it and so did my in laws. If you have the entertainer you can get but one get one free too!
Latest post on 29 March 2017 - 10:45
What about the original Dubai Museum. Or taking a look at the spice souks and gold souk across the creek. Heritage village. What about a Big Bus tour? Dhow cruise? Hardly running out of options, you've barely scratched the surface.
Latest post on 29 March 2017 - 10:03
Hi Ladies My elderly parents are out visiting at the moment and I have 3 young kids. My parents, due to health reasons, cant be out in the sun and are not able to walk long distances. How am I going to keep everyone happy? Where could I bring them? Have already been to New Etihad museum, the walk, Burj Khalifa and now running out of options. Any ideas? TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY