Feedback on Dubai British School Jumeirah Park | ExpatWoman.com

Feedback on Dubai British School Jumeirah Park

Latest post on 01 April 2017 - 05:48

Hi Ladies- I am moving to Dubai in July and struggling to get admission for my 5 year old daughter. The two schools who have offered her place are GEMS Wellington primary and Dubai British School -Jumeirah Park. We plan to stay around Marina or meadows so location wise DBS JP makes more sense but as it is relatively new school i don't see many reviews or feedback around it. Can anyone share their experience ? Also advice if going for Wellington Primary would be better?

Latest post on 18 May 2017 - 17:15
Hi Ladies, I actually live in JVT and my son goes to Sunmarke School and my daughter goes to the nursery inside the Sunmarke campus, which is super convenient. I can walk them there too which is a commodity in Dubai sometimes! JVT is a nice area for families and the two bed villas are spacious and modern. I would recommend a visit when you arrive!! Really happy with the school too. It's a new school that has been open for around 8 months, but it feels a lot more mature. Many of the teachers moved over from their sister school, Regent International, so they have a lot of experience in Dubai. My son adores his teacher and is always excited to tell me the fun things he has learnt that day, which as a mum is a lovely thing to see & hear! Good luck with the move. A thumbs up from me regarding this area and the school! I know this is an older post but I'm considering enrolling my son at sunmarke and I was wondering if I could get some feedback ? Thanks I don't really know a lot of ppl who have kids there and I'm a bit nervous going with a new school
Latest post on 09 May 2017 - 15:03
All the best with your move. Meadows is definatley the best option if they will go to DBS as the traffic coming out of the Marina is always heavy, DBS is a very popular school hence the new branch.? The OP is looking for DBS JP that's in the Jumeirah Park community, but sure Meadows is nearby as well.
Latest post on 09 May 2017 - 09:54
I would def choose DBS! I've heard very good things about it.
Latest post on 08 May 2017 - 22:17
All the best with your move. Meadows is definatley the best option if they will go to DBS as the traffic coming out of the Marina is always heavy, DBS is a very popular school hence the new branch.?
Latest post on 08 May 2017 - 20:49
Hi Ladies, I actually live in JVT and my son goes to Sunmarke School and my daughter goes to the nursery inside the Sunmarke campus, which is super convenient. I can walk them there too which is a commodity in Dubai sometimes! JVT is a nice area for families and the two bed villas are spacious and modern. I would recommend a visit when you arrive!! Really happy with the school too. It's a new school that has been open for around 8 months, but it feels a lot more mature. Many of the teachers moved over from their sister school, Regent International, so they have a lot of experience in Dubai. My son adores his teacher and is always excited to tell me the fun things he has learnt that day, which as a mum is a lovely thing to see & hear! Good luck with the move. A thumbs up from me regarding this area and the school!
Latest post on 01 April 2017 - 08:30
DBS JP won the Mother, baby and child award for the best school last year. I have mainly just heard really good things about the school, really good teachers and amazing facilities. Gems Wellington is also a really good school, with very good facilities as well. Just go and visit both schools and your gut instinct will tell you which one you have the best feeling for, I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either. If you are considering DBS Jumeirah Park, I would recommend you to look at the villas in Jumeirah Park for accommodation, some of them are walking distance and none are more than a 5 min drive to the school. There is a new school called Sunmark that's in JVT, have you looked into that one, looks very nice, but don't know anyone that started there yet. The villas in JVT are quite nice as well.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY