HPV. Vaccine | ExpatWoman.com

HPV. Vaccine

Latest post on 20 April 2017 - 07:03
However, it is still important to have the HPV test BEFORE getting the vaccine, as the strains that put you in a high risk for cervical cancer are only a few and if you already have those strains, there is zero point in getting the vaccine. I speak from personal experience on this one. Also people need to realise that HPV isn't just an STD, you can get it through other means and some people are just natural carriers. Always test first, then consider the vaccine.
Latest post on 20 April 2017 - 00:23
Thank you for your response Fairy Dust. I've done research but am still undecided as to wether or not to proceed with the vaccine. I've seen two GPs so far but both had very little knowledge about it and could not give me any advice. If anyone could therefore recommend, preferably a UK doctor, it would be much appreciated. HPV vaccine only 'protects' from cervical cancer caused by certain HPV types...that's all, you can still get ill from other types or other causes. The side effects of the vaccine can be fatal... If you are a carrier of HPV already zero point in getting it, get a test done first and include a full STD panel too. I work in private healthcare and you couldn't pay me to get the vaccine done. I suggest that you quote some verifiable scientific facts before you post such hysterical statements. Agreed. Scary to think this person works in Healthcare and is spouting such unsubstantiated fear mongering. As well if you have HPV , there are many strains so the vaccine is still worth getting- there is no need to test. These sort of posts do a lot of harm- my best friend had surgery for cervical cancer years ago and she was not promiscuous- ask her now and she would have jumped at the opportunity to take a highly effective, SAFE vaccination to prevent all the grief she has been through. True , a lot of women will get the vaccine and never end up being exposed to a high risk hpv virus-however , For those who do , it will protect them from the vast majority of cancer causing strains. Really it is a no brainer for sexually active women - and men. https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv-vaccine-young-women.htm.
Latest post on 19 April 2017 - 18:49
Thank you for your response Fairy Dust. I've done research but am still undecided as to wether or not to proceed with the vaccine. I've seen two GPs so far but both had very little knowledge about it and could not give me any advice. If anyone could therefore recommend, preferably a UK doctor, it would be much appreciated. HPV vaccine only 'protects' from cervical cancer caused by certain HPV types...that's all, you can still get ill from other types or other causes. The side effects of the vaccine can be fatal... If you are a carrier of HPV already zero point in getting it, get a test done first and include a full STD panel too. I work in private healthcare and you couldn't pay me to get the vaccine done. I suggest that you quote some verifiable scientific facts before you post such hysterical statements.
Latest post on 19 April 2017 - 07:27
Dr Kay Deeming at Dubai Physiotherapy and Family Medicine Clinic beside Mercato mall is British and great with teens and vaccinations. Takes time to properly explain the pros and cons.
Latest post on 17 April 2017 - 12:18
Dr Ria Jones at healthbay polyclinic is a British doctor. And knows a lot about medication and will only administer medicine if she thinks its absolutely necessary not like some other doctors here who dish out antibiotics etc for the slightest little thing I had the HPV vaccine done at Healthbay polyclinic too
Latest post on 17 April 2017 - 11:53
Ruby123, you can try the gynae at GMC/Mediclinic on Beach road - she's very nice. Also if it's for you, first thing to do is actually have the HPV test - more than 50% of people are carriers anyway and it's not necessarily a transmitted STD - contrary to popular belief.
Latest post on 17 April 2017 - 11:13
hi Ruby123, Dr Aziz Shaikh at Nisa Well Woman Clinic is a UK based OBS-Gyne Consultant. She might be able to explain HPV related issues and concerns. xx
Latest post on 16 April 2017 - 22:37
Thank you for your response Fairy Dust. I've done research but am still undecided as to wether or not to proceed with the vaccine. I've seen two GPs so far but both had very little knowledge about it and could not give me any advice. If anyone could therefore recommend, preferably a UK doctor, it would be much appreciated.
Latest post on 15 April 2017 - 17:19
I would do some serious research into this vaccine and get medical advice before you decide to use it, either on yourself or your daughter, as there have been incidents of serious side effects and the jury is really still out over whether it's effective or not.
Latest post on 15 April 2017 - 16:01
Can anyone recommend a UK doctor who can give advice and administer the HPV vaccine. Many thanks?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY