Confidence in teenagers | ExpatWoman.com

Confidence in teenagers

Latest post on 19 April 2017 - 12:45
Hi Nutmeg06 & Judea Smith, I agree that sports is a great idea,as it has multiple benefits...e.g.being active,making friends n learning the sport as well..thanks :)
Latest post on 19 April 2017 - 09:29
I think you should encourage him to go for sports since there are a lot of teenagers nowadays that are just interacting through technology. I mean, it's not a bad thing to interact through the internet but physical interaction with the people is the better way of building self-confidence. He will be able to assess how people look at him and sooner, will be able to accept himself
Latest post on 19 April 2017 - 09:14
I have the same issue with my 14 year old. Left alone, he would stay alone indoors all day every day! So, we try to find any of his interests and get him outside involved with it. For example, he's into basketball. He is now playing once a week and has one friend so far. It's a start. Hi attitude has changed in the short time he has started! Sports are great for many things including building self confidence, but I think it can be anything they like. Improving upon it will build up their self-confidence. We try to always encourage with praise and compliments what he's good at and improving, keeping it real of course:) good luck!!
Latest post on 18 April 2017 - 21:35
Hi UmmSofia,thanks for ur suggestion. Seems interesting,I would love to try...:):)
Latest post on 18 April 2017 - 20:39
This may sound crazy but I have seen miracles with the use of Bach Flower remedy blends in teenagers and adults with confidence issues. There used to be a wonderful lady in Dubai that used to make these blends and though she is no longer here she does run courses: http://rosetodd.com/bach-flower-essences/ Some background on the remedies: https://bach-flower.com/pages/bach-flower-remedies-teens Best of luck
Latest post on 18 April 2017 - 19:10
Hey friends,I have a 13 year old boy. Though he's a smart n sensitive boy,he's a bit low on the confidence side n has a bit of difficulty in making new friends.. any suggestions as to how could I help him to overcome this problem...,e.g. Any confidence building classes etc or any other ideas....ur suggestions are welcome..thanks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY