Vegan in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Vegan in Dubai

Latest post on 18 July 2017 - 16:06
If you have Zomato the food ordering app. They have an option to search by "vegan" so I suggest you check it out will make your life lot easier!
Latest post on 18 July 2017 - 12:34
Indian restaurants usually have great vegan options, I'm vegetarian myself and have tried to go vegan in the past, but find it so hard to give up cheese!!
Latest post on 08 June 2017 - 13:44
I'm not vegan, but I have found a lot of Indian restaurants have a very good selection for those who are!
Latest post on 08 June 2017 - 13:44
I'm not vegan, but I have found a lot of Indian restaurants have a very good selection for those who are!
Latest post on 21 May 2017 - 13:01
Well, there are a lot of stores out there but I would suggest you go for an organic store to ensure the freshness of the fruits and vegetable
Latest post on 17 May 2017 - 08:07
I'm trying to eat vegetarian 5 times a week and limit cheese and dairy, but I don't substitute them with soy products as the research I have done shows it's basically prossesed food so not a healthy option. Indian restaurants in general have very good vegetarian options. Italians always have some decent things on the menu as well, but as a vegan, I guess the cheese is the biggest culprit. Veggie boutique 77 in JLT as mentioned is really good. Chinese/Asian restaurant often has good veg options with tofu or just plain veg based dishes. I found that Dubai cater quite well for vegetarians.
Latest post on 15 May 2017 - 13:34
Veggie Boutique 77 in JLT is amazing...all organic as well :) Love their chickpea omelette! In general Thai restaurants are quite good as they use mostly coconut milk and have lots of plant based options. Congrats on making the switch btw <3
Latest post on 11 May 2017 - 16:22
I can feel you, buddy! I hope you will be able to find great foods with health benefits! :)
Latest post on 09 May 2017 - 05:49
Hi there. Lately I've seen soy yogurt everywhere, even at Carrefour. I usually pick mine up at Spinney's. Lulu in Barsha is popular for their selection of vegan products, they currently have Daiya vegan cheese, but I didn't care for it much. Bioorganic market has a nice vegan cheese. Spinney's recently restocked a brand of vegan cheese that's also pretty good. Many markets carry the Linda McCartney line of faux meats that are delicious, this is the only brand I've liked so far. There is a Dubai Vegan Facebook group, it should come up if you do a search. Happycow.net has a helpful Dubai guide. You can find me on IG "shining_from_the_inside". I follow many other local vegans and can point you in their direction. In addition to the restaurants already mentioned, you can also check out Urth, The Raw Place and Wild and the Moon for more vegan options. To name just a few, check out veganricha, ohsheglows and minimalistbaker for great vegan recipes. Congrats and good luck!
Latest post on 08 May 2017 - 22:31
Be super natural Cafe/Restaurant- Dubai Mall gets the thumbs up from me ☺
Latest post on 08 May 2017 - 17:10
Hi! I came across www.myvegandubai.com a couple of weeks ago which has lots of info about being Vegan here. Good restaurant reviews too! May be of some help. Jen
Latest post on 23 April 2017 - 13:00
Comptoir 102 on Jumeirah road does dairy free coffee and has a menu that would suit a vega I think
Latest post on 23 April 2017 - 06:39
Brilliant, thank you! X
Latest post on 22 April 2017 - 21:33
Hi, welcome to the world of being vegan. When my daughter, who is vegan, was visiting, we found soya yoghurt at Spinney's on Al Wasl. Sometimes, they also have vegan cheese. Forgot to add that Omnia restaurant serves vegetarian, and possible vegan meals. There is one at the Mall of the Emirates, and one in a little marina on beach road.
Latest post on 22 April 2017 - 11:17
Hi all, I have recently made the change to a whole foods plant based diet. Anyone have any tips ? I'd like to get some soya yoghurt , where can I buy this?? Also, names of restaurants, takeaway, great recipes and any Dubai groups etc...? Hope to hear from you, Lou x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY