Moving to Jumeirah Golf Estates | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to Jumeirah Golf Estates

Latest post on 26 April 2017 - 11:57

Hi there. We are moving to JGE in August. I'm wondering if it would be harder to find a maid for this living area as I don't know if JGE is connected to any public transportation. Can anybody help?

Latest post on 15 October 2017 - 12:16
Hi Natalia Sorry for the late reply . Glad you are enjoying JGE ! For your maid JGE are intending to organize a weekend shuttle service to and from MOE which will be a great help. I contacted them about it recently and they said that there was a delay to the introduction which is a shame - so it will be there in the future but not much use to you now ! Most of the Filipina maids are out and about in the evenings , They go to the gym at the Clubhouse, walk the golf course or around the communities plus since the new supermarket opened I imagine they will congregate there too . Probably best to tell your helper to just go for a walk in the evening and introduce her self if she feels comfortable ? There is also a bus service from outside Victory Heights that she can use . There are plenty of taxis waiting near the bus stop if it is too far for her to walk home from there . Hope hat helps
Latest post on 12 October 2017 - 17:24
Hello Nickyb We live in JGE, Redwood Avenue since beginning of September, we love living here, the aerea is so peaceful. If you don‘t mind I would like to ask you a question. We hired a live-in housemaid. She would like to meet other Filipinas living here and she would be interested to share taxis with them to get to the Downtown. Do you have an idea how she could get in touch with them? Thank you very much for your appreciated help. Natalia
Latest post on 27 April 2017 - 16:20
You helped me a lot with your infos. Thank you Nicky! We look forward to living there. Maybe I see you around..
Latest post on 27 April 2017 - 10:58
Hi We live in JGE and nearly all of the residents in our community have live in maids including us so it should not be a problem . They tend to get together in groups and use car lifts or if not taxis . Hope that helps Enjoy the move , it is a lovely place to live !

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY